What's new

WB Announcements: Flintstones, Top Cat, Batman, Superman (1 Viewer)

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Great news! I'll definitely pick up BTAS and most likely STAS. Like those above, I wish they would get to the Animaniacs and Freakazoid.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
ahahaha I just fell out of my chair!!!

Im so happy 'The Man Called Flintstone' is getting a release, maybe this means that WB will finally start issuing it's H-B specials and TV films I've so been longing for...

A Flintstone Christmas, Flintstones Little Big League, Flintstones New Neighbors, Flintstones Meet Rockula and Frankenstone, Fred's Final Fling, Wind Up Wilma, Jogging Fever, Flinstones 25th Anniversary Celebration, Hanna-Barbera's 50th: A Yabba Dabba Doo Celebration, I Yabba-Dabba Doo!, Hollyrock-A-Bye Baby, A Flintstone Family Christmas, A Flintstone Christmas Carol, The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones, The Jetsons Christmas Carol, Rockin' With Judy Jetson, Yogi's First Christmas, Yogi The Easter Bear, Casper's Halloween Special, Casper's First Christmas, The World of Secret Squirrel and Atom Ant, Top Cat and The Beverly Hills Cats, The Good The Bad and Huckleberry Hound, My Smurfy Valentine, Pac-Man Halloween Special, Christmas Comes To Pac Land, etc...

This made my day!!!

:D

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Great to hear that the prices on the previous sets have been reduced to a very reasonable level. I'll probably finally get around to picking up "Jonny Quest" now along with "Superman". The only problem with Warner Brothers as a TV studio now is the same thing that's wrong with their movie division: they just have too much great material waiting to be released.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Casey, I think I rented that vhs every single weekend for a year straight when I was about 5 or 6. I hope WB starts issuing all the TV movies and holiday specials, that would definitely be right at the top of the list along with Yogi's First Christmas and The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones!

:)

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I agree with MarcoBiscotti. I really want to see Warner release all of the Hanna-Barbera TV specials.

I also want to see Warner release all of the Hanna-Barbera library no matter how obscure some of the cartoons are. For example, I would buy many of the Hanna-Barbera cartoons released on DVD in season format & complete episode DVD's since Hanna-Barbera is my favorite cartoon studio.

Since The Flinstones is on DVD in season format, I want to see The Flintstone Kids released on DVD also.

I want to see Precious Pupp , Hillbilly Bears , Pac-Man , 2 Stupid Dogs, & the rest of the HB TV cartoons on DVD.

If I would list my Hanna-Barbera TV want list, it would be several pages long since I like about 99% of the cartoons which HB created/animated.

For example, since Happy Days: Season 1 is on DVD, I would really like to see the HB cartoon called Fonz and the Happy Days Gang . Also since Laverne & Shirley: Season 1 is on DVD, I think that the HB cartoons called Laverne and Shirley with the Fonz & Laverne and Shirley in the Army should also be released on DVD. I guessing that Paramount probably owns the rights to Fonz and the Happy Days Gang , Laverne and Shirley with the Fonz & Laverne and Shirley in the Army since the characters are from Paramount shows.

I believe that HB also made an animated show based on Mork & Mindy but I'm not too sure?

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'd be quite happy if they released the entire series of "Abbott And Costello". That was one HB cartoon I really enjoyed. Back in the 80s, when I was a kid, I used to have a videocassette consisting of about 12-14 episodes. I'm hoping this will eventually make its wy to DVD.

I also agree about the demand for the HB specials. Most notably, "The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones", "Yogi's Christmas", and "A Flintstone Christmas". Perhaps it'd be a nice idea to release "themed" sets, such as a set consisting of HB's holiday specials. (ex. "A Flintstone Christmas, "A Flintstones Christmas Carol", and "A Flintstone Family Christmas" on one disc. Then put "Yogi's First Christmas", "Casper's First Christmas", and "A Jetsons Christmas Carol" on the other. I bet you a compilation such as this would quite well.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
^ That would be an excellent idea, Andrew!

They could also issue a double-feature for "The Flintstone's New Neighbors" and "The Flintstones Meet Rockula and Frankenstone" among others...

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator

Hey Andrew just to let you (and everyone in Canada) know YTV is going to run "The Man Called Flintstone" on Sept. 11th as part of their "3 Hairy Thumbs up" weekly movie slot.

I also have never seen it and will consider this opportunity a "tester" as to whether to buy the DVD.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

Thank you very much Paul for the head's up. I just marked it on my calendar. I'm definitely looking forward to this, since I'd never seen it before. I was planning on purchasing the DVD upon release, but now at least I'll get to see it beforehand.

Now, it is to my understanding that "A Man Called Flintstone" was a theatrical feature, originally released by Columbia/Tri-Star. Yet, the information in the link above states that the DVD will be full-frame. Does anyone know if this is in fact the correct aspect ratio?

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator
^^I checked many DVD sites around the web including DVDtoons.com and they all list 1.37:1 (full frame) as the correct aspect ratio. So I asume that indeed is how it was released.

And oh yeah just in case there's no mix up, "The Man Called Flintstone" will air on YTV durring the afternoon portion of "Three Hairy Thumbs up" and not on prime time. (4:00pm eastern time I believe)

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Well according to DVDAnswers.com the Batman and Superman sets are DELAYED until January 25th.

I feel indifferent about this; on one hand I was really looking foward to the sets. On the other, this will save me close to $80 in an already busy December with a ton of other DVD releases.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I am a little bit disappointed, but it is clearly the right move with as much animation coming out on December 7th.

Flintstones: Season Two
Garfield and Friends - Volume 2
Gargoyles: Season 1
Top Cat: The Complete Series
Walt Disney Treasures: Complete Pluto Volume 1
Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse Club
Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse In Black And White Volume 2

Paul

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy

Wait, there was a A & C cartoon? I thought I knew the whole H-B catalog of shows. I'd love to see that one, I'm a big fan! Too bad they were'nt around to do their own voice-overs like the Stooges cartoons.
I'm watching "Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstein"
right now on the "Best Of, Vol. 3" set, love it!

I wish warner would release the H-B tv/tie-in shows,
Fonz, Laverne & Shirley, Mork and Pac-Man. These have'nt been aired in years except Pac-Man which ran on boomerang last year.
What I would really love to see as well is the H-B live action movie "Kiss Meets The Phantom Of The Park".

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

Actually, Bud Abbott lent his voice to his own character on the show which was produced back in 1967. A fellow by the name of Stan Irwin provided the voice of Lou Costello.

I'd love to see this again. Like I said, I owned the videotape back in the 80s. It was an entertaining show, especially for those who are fans of Abbott & Costello. For your reference, the "Big Cartoon Database" has a complete episode guide & synopsis of each episode:

http://www.bcdb.com/cartoons/Hanna-B...llo/index.html

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy

Thanks Andrew for the info and the link, interesting back story. I have never seen this show before. I wish someone would dig it up and clean it up.
1966 was a great year for H-B and animation in general it seems, and especially for me as it's my birth year. :)

Another wish would be the batman cartoon series from '66.
I don't really care for wb's batman: tas, superman or jl.
I prefer pre-90's versions.
Anyway, I'm looking forward tto more stuff from H-B too!

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
As you know, Batman and Superman were delayed to January 25th, 2005. Trust me...this is a good thing. And if my informants hold right, WB should have another announcement or two before the year is out concerning some of their animnated properties.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.