What's new

WB Announcements: Flintstones, Top Cat, Batman, Superman (1 Viewer)

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Man, between the Walt Disney Treasures and these, December 7th is going to be an expensive day for animation lovers.

Paul

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to hear we'll be seeing these by year-end (December 7 for all the titles above). Warner has been doing a great job with their animated shows this year and I hope it continues.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I already knew about all of these coming out December 7 from news over at TVShowsOnDVD.com but its nice to have them confirmed.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I knew that season 2 of "The Flintstones" was going to happen, but I had no idea "A Man Called Flintstone" was in the works as well. Now, THAT is great news! I'd never seen it, but I can't see the "Flintstones" television sets being complete without it.

As for season two, I'm definitely looking forward to that one. I've watched the first set four times already. Definitely a great piece of childhood nostalgia.

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
December 7th will continue to live in infamy, as far as my wallet is concerned.

More Batman & Superman (maybe a reissue of their crossover movie, someday?), as well as:

Return of the King: EE
Wonderfalls: The Complete Series
Star Trek: TOS, S3
Carnivale S1

Some days it's hard being a geek.

CDE,

CS

P.S. But for my fellow Chosen People, take heart! It's also the first night of Hanukkah! This year is a rare two-Tuesday-Hanukkah... but have any announcements been made for the 14th?

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Doesn't Gargoyles Season 1 come out that day too? I am getting all of these, Heaven help me, but wow talk about a crowded week for a similar audience.

Rolando

Screenwriter
Great news about Batman TAS Vol 2 and just as great to have Superman TAS but I am worried; 18 episodes of Superman TAS on 2 discs?

Batman has 7 per disc on every disc in both volumes why cram 9 episodes per disc for Superman? not to mention bonus features... 3 disc would have been perfect. 7 episodes per disc on disc 1 and 2 and disc 3 has 4 episodes plus bonus features.

won't stop me from buying but hope PQ is not affected too much.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

One of the Superman discs is probably a flipper, so that would make 6 eps per disc/side.

And for those keeping track of the release for Dec 7th...

24 Season 3
America's Next Top Model: Cycle 1 (tentative)
Batman - The Animated Series Vol. 2
Carnivale: Complete First Season
Flintstones: Season Two
Garfield and Friends - Volume 2
Gargoyles: Season 1
Gilmore Girls: Complete Second Season
Lion King Trilogy Gift Set
LOTR: Return of the King EE (tentative)
M.A.S.H. TV Season 7
Star Trek Voyager: Season Six (tentative)
Superman Animated Series - Volume 1
Top Cat: The Complete Series
Ultimate Matrix Collection
Walt Disney Treasures: Complete Pluto Volume 1
Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse Club
Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse In Black And White Volume 2
Wonderfalls: Complete Series (tentative)

...and those are just box sets. God knows what single disc releases are coming.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Cool. I already own Flintstones: Season 1 (which arrived in the mail several days ago) & I am happy that Flintstones: Season 2, A Man Called Flintstone & Top Cat: Season 1 are coming to DVD in December.

Now, If only The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones would come to DVD then I would be very happy.

Being a fan of Hanna-Barbera, I hope that Warner releases all of the HB library on DVD.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I second that. Please release more HB cartoons. Especially Superfriends, preferably the '80's seasons. Definately looking forward to more Batman and now Superman. Sweet! :)

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Hopefully Smurfs gets a DVD release, I know a lot of people my age who would buy season sets who grew up on it when they were little.

Paul

Kevin_Lodge

Stunt Coordinator
According to the article on tvshowsondvd.com it looks like they lowered the retail price on the Flintstones by $20 to $44.98. Thats great news if true. Hopefully will lower the cost on Season 1 at same time.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I hate to crash the party, but although I like the Hanna-Barbera cartoons, I am a devout fan of the Spielberg/WB collaborations. I just want to know if we'll ever see "Tiny Toon Adventures", "Animaniacs!", "Pinky And The Brain" and "Freakazoid!" on DVD.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

The type who always sees WB announcements in this section of the HTF and hopes for mentions of the Spielberg cartoons or "Night Court".

Rob T

Screenwriter
Damn. Gargoyles, Garfield, Batman & Superman season sets. What a great day for animated stuff. :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin,

It looks as if they've already started lowering the prices on the first wave.

I was at Target tonight, and they had Flintstones, Jetsons, and JQ for $34.95
According to others, WalMart is selling them for $29.95

Unfortunately Scooby was still at the original price.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor

I visited my local Wal-Mart in Trexlertown, PA last week & they had The Jetsons: Season 1, Johnny Quest: Season 1 & The Flintstones: Season 1 for $29.99 each. Scooby-Doo: Seasons 1 & 2 were still priced around $50.

Well, I picked up Jetsons: Season 1 last week from Wal-Mart. My copy of Flintstones: Season 1 (ordered used from Amazon.com Marketplace about 2 weeks ago finally arrived this week).

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'm glad I held off on buying "The Jetsons" then. I've seen it sell for around $60 (Canadian), so I've pretty much avoided picking it up. It wasn't nearly as high on my wish list as "Flintstones" or "Scooby-Doo". However, I do love the show, and now that the price has been lowered, I'll most definitely grab it.

I'm also glad that the prices have been lowered on the other HB sets. The prices were insane. Back in April, I purchased "The Flintstones" and "Scooby-Doo" at the same time and paid approximately $120. Phenomenal sets, but the prices were rediculous. With the new lower prices, I definitely won't hesitate to pick up future releases. Next on my list is "Wacky Races".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.