What's new

Warner Bros Archive Wish List 2022 and Beyond!! (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
North by Northwest in 2024:

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
North by Northwest is finally going to released in 4K in 2024!
IMG_5536.jpeg

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
The MGM centenary looks more promising than WB's with Three Little Words (most wanted blu ray) and North by Northwest (most wanted 4k). Really hope that High Society is also released (preferably in 4k). As 2024 is the 70th anniversary of VistaVision, we can also expect White Christmas in 4k, and Gunfight at the O.K. Corral 4k has already been announced.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'm hoping for a 4K of MGMs Where Eagles Dare next year. An enjoyable romp of a war movie (which doesn't sound quite right, but that's what it is). I'm not that bothered about the 4K bit, but it is in need a new transfer, as the Blu-ray we have now doesn't look great.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Agreed. Plus, Warners hasn't even released their small number of Hitchcock movies on Blu-ray so a box of UHDs seems basically impossible.
I thought Mr. and Mrs. Smith is the only Hitchcock title that Warner has which hasn’t been released on Blu-ray. Granted they’re individual BD releases.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I'm hoping for a 4K of MGMs Where Eagles Dare next year. An enjoyable romp of a war movie (which doesn't sound quite right, but that's what it is). I'm not that bothered about the 4K bit, but it is in need a new transfer, as the Blu-ray we have now doesn't look great.
There’s probably some room for improvement there but I think that one’s like Guns of Navarone - it’s never going to look all that great.

SwatDB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Brynskov
This time, give us the Intermission/Entr'acte and both the 70mm Blow-up (5.1) and 35mm Mono mixes in DTS-HD Master Audio

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Chiming in again with a wish for more of the silents that I understand have complete new scores. This would include THE FOUR HORSEMEN, THE STUDENT PRINCE IN OLD HEIDELBERG, THE CROWD, GREED, THE MERRY WIDOW and any Lon Chaney.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
More a question than a request which I’m placing here so as not to clutter up the Announcements thread. Warner released an animated version of The Nutcracker (titled The Nutcracker Prince) with a supporting role for Peter O’Toole in 1990, which I honestly found to be mediocre at best. What I’m curious to know is if Warner still has the rights to that film or if they only had a limited distribution deal along the lines of the distribution deals for Thumbelina and Troll in Central Park before they were picked up by Fox/Disney?

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
This time, give us the Intermission/Entr'acte and both the 70mm Blow-up (5.1) and 35mm Mono mixes in DTS-HD Master Audio
Agreed! Also for 2024 I'd like 4K releases of MGM films, BEN-HUR, MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY and RYAN'S DAUGHTER plus at least BD releases of THE YELLOW ROLLS ROYCE, LADY L, BHOWANI JUNCTION, I ACCUSE (not even on DVD) and THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV (which I've never seen).

SwatDB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Brynskov
My WBHV / Warner Archive Wishlist (in the Future [any announcement year]):

Short subjects:

Looney Tunes: Collector's Choice Vol. 4 to 6 [Just rolling the dice to see whether or not Vol. 3 is the breaking point of the series or not (without bonus material, that is). I'm simply suggesting we'd give Warners a second chance to refill their remastering budget, before the collection becomes just another home video release hiatus statistic]

Feature films:

Gunga Din (1939)
Raintree County (1957) (A costly project, if done with 65/70mm large format (General Release) and 35mm Trims of [Roadshow Version])
Ryan's Daughter (1970) [Warner Archive's prerogative]

Honorable Mentions (Extras):

Bonus WB/MGM shorts [1930-1967/69] (as usual in HD)
A Future Looney Tunes Collection (this time around re-instating/introducing missing Music-Only Tracks and Music and Effects Tracks [maybe] on the selected shorts from:

PC: Vol. 1:

Ducking the Devil (1957) (had only Partial Music (Compressed) and Studio Effects) [includes parts of Uncompressed Music-Only Track can be heard in the background on Marvin the Martian documentary on PC: Vol. 1]

Bugs Bunny 80th AE Collection:

Robot Rabbit (1953) [Found on "The Carl Stalling Project Volume 1 (Found under the track name "Various Cues from Bugs Bunny Films")
Beanstalk Bunny (1955) [Found on "The Carl Stalling Project Volume 1 (Found under the track name "Various Cues from Bugs Bunny Films")
Hare Brush (1955) [Found on parts of the Storyboard reels of "Sahara Hare" (1955) and "Porky's Party" (1938)]
This is a Life? (1955) [Found on some parts of the Music can be found on the Tex Avery documentary on PC: Vol. 2]
Napoleon Bunny-Part (1956) Some parts of the Music Master can be heard in the background on Marvin and Taz Documentaries on PC: Vol. 1)
Half-Fare Hare (1956) [Found on "The Carl Stalling Project Volume 1 (Found under the track name "Various Cues from Bugs Bunny Films" Chuck Jones documentary "A Life In Animation" and the parts of the Storyboard reel of "Sahara Hare" (1955)]
Piker's Peak (1957) [Found on "The Carl Stalling Project Volume 2, Track 4 "Bad Swiss Band" (as well as a 1995 Turner Dubbed M/E Track [EU])

Need I say more?

@Ronald Epstein Is there anyway that the person can send podcast questions to "The Extras" so they can read them to George Feltenstein? Just curious.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks