What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Warner Archive Press Release: The Pajama Game (1957) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
Talking about dance numbers in films: I never saw the stage version of Pajama Game. I always wondered if Hernando’s Hideaway was a big dance number on stage. The film‘s song just ends with no dancing. It’s surprising since Hernando is a tango and the song was a big hit (along with Hey There). Carol Haney is a dancer and has choreographed and directed. Dancing would have been a plus there.
Yes, it was a big dance number. In the film it feels like it was there and cut, given the very awkward audio edit and sudden finish.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Yes, it was a big dance number. In the film it feels like it was there and cut, given the very awkward audio edit and sudden finish.

Too bad they couldn't find that when they did find a whole cut number, "The Man Who Invented Love," that was written for the film only to get the ax. That's always been a big pet peeve to me with musicals in spots where it is obvious that stuff that was supposed to be there is not.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Drew Salzan

Second Unit
Shouldn't that once a year day be a once a year Day, as in Doris?

Certainly the color and the grain management will be better. The grain is kind of clunky on the DVD. And the color, although pretty decent, does shift from time to time. There's one shot, at the picnic, I think, where Ms. Day appears to have just consumed a case of Mellow Yellow. And I would imagine the sound would also be superior.
Apparently it was released with stereo sound for limited venues. The stereo tracks have been lost unfortunately.

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
And I always thought the winner was Mitzi Gaynor's "I'm in Love with a Wonderful Guy" from South Pacific. :D

Everything about SOUTH PACIFIC, other than its orchestrations is pretty lame. The musical numbers are all done for a proscenium stage, not a TODD-AO film.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I just heard on a CNN news bulletin that makes its way down here to Australia that in Minnesota, workers have been awarded an eight cents increase in their hourly minimum wage. Surely that should have been 7 and a half cents. Have these people no respect for tradition?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I just heard on a CNN news bulletin that makes its way down here to Australia that in Minnesota, workers have been awarded an eight cents increase in their hourly minimum wage. Surely that should have been 7 and a half cents. Have these people no respect for tradition?
And I’ll bet they didn’t even sing or dance when they got the raise!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Nope, here in the good old USA hourly pay can go in the half or less cents. Rounding would only occur on payroll periods where the number of hours worked is odd (as opposed to even). --- Signed Human Resources :cool:.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
I was watching Funny Face on amazonprime and was surprised at how good some of it looks. It could be better but it was very impressive and the opening titles, Avedon montages, and picture postcard shots of Paris look great just like they did at Radio City. Does this mean that we are almost getting to a point where we really won't need discs anymore?

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
I believe I've already said I saw an evening with Donen at Lincoln Center where he spoke between musical numbers from his films (he signed my program the cover of which was a picture of him directing Hepburn in Funny Face.) The clip of Steam Heat was in very poor shape. He lamented that this is what happens over time to film. It's too bad he didn't live long enough to see this bluray. I know he was already 94 but with just a bit more time...
Well Harvey Evans is still alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks