What's new

Walt Disney World fans please help! (1 Viewer)

millercv

Second Unit
I don't know if there are any fellow WDW addicts here have heard of the recent cutbacks going on at WDW but just some highlights:
Early entry mornings are cancelled for on propery guests (no more reason to stay at Disney for me), numerous restauraunts are closed, shows are now on limited schedules (only 5 days a week), hours have been GREATLY reduced, Epcot entertainment has been cut considerably, etc etc etc
But what has really gotten my goat is that they have closed "Carousel of Progress" - Walt's personal vision of mankinds history and future (in the year that they are celebrating Walt no less).
Depending on who you talk to they say it may be gone for good or just temporarily (which has been said before on other attractions which are now gone), but things don't look good.
I've set up a petition at:
www.petitiononline.com/savecop1/petition.html
and also a website
Link Removed
for addresses to write letters to/news/etc for when any comes out...
Please sign, maybe write a letter and perhaps we can make a difference...
Thanks!
------------------
------------
Chris Miller
"Nothing can kill the Grimace."

Alex S

Second Unit
Chris,
I am a big Disney fan as well. We've been going to Disney World for the past 14 years every year and staying on property. We didn't go this year and probably won't go for a few years mainly because it's gotten too expensive.
Every year Disney raises rates and ticket prices BUT they also lower services and close attractions each year.
The parks aren't as clean as they were 5 or 10 years ago and the CM's aren't as friendly.
They don't lower their prices though !
They are taking away reasons to stay on-site. EE was a big reason to stay on-site. They keep building more and more hotels too, how do they plan on filling them ?
Maybe if we stopped going for a while things will change, but I doubt it will.
frown.gif

millercv

Second Unit
Actually a funny thing about the hotel situation - They've completed the Pop century resort (like the All-Stars) but they have pushed back its opening indefinately because they can't fill the current ones...
Maybe if they would have spent those millions on the parks...
Makes me want to save up to go to Tokyo DisneySeas:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/tokyo/tdstour/tdstour1.htm
Now thats a beautiful looking AMAZING park
------------------
------------
Chris Miller

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking at going over Thanksgiving break. Anywhere I can get information on all closures and reductions so I can plan accordingly?
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

millercv

Second Unit
I would check wdwmagic.com and wdwig.com for information.
Some tips:
*The closer you are to the Holiday itself the busier it gets (but don't worry too much with some planning crowds are manageable).
*Use Fastpass wisely for the busier rides (particularly for Epcots Test Track, AK's Safari, MGMs Rock and Roller Coaster and WWTBAMillionaire, and at MK: Space Mtn and Buzz Lightyear) This will eliminate most of the longer waits. FYI - fastpass is a service where you put your ticket into a machine and it gives you a slip of paper with a time to come back and get right on the ride - its the best thing to happen to Disney in a while.
*Hit smaller, older rides first thing in the morning as the rope drops (IE Fantasyland) because they were not designed to process large amounts of people - newer rides are.
*Eat at an off time - either early or late because everyone hits food places at noon and lines lighten up a bit. Also during parades (if you don't want to see the parade) lines lighten up for about 30 mins
My suggestions for must sees in each park:
==========================================
Epcot's Reflections of Earth fireworks - simply amazing, if I had to pick one thing to see in WDW that would be it
AK's Legend of the Lion King Show and the Safari
MGM's If you are a ride fan Rock and Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror are must dos and if you're into shows Hunchback of Notre Dame is great. Who Wants to Be a Millionare is fun too especially if you get into the hot seat.
MK - ???? be sure to do the classics Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc.
Like I said I'm an addict...
------------------
------------
Chris Miller

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I'm another huge fan of Disney and all that entails. My advise for WDW is:
1. Stay on property. The less expensive hotels are still nicer than many of the off site hotels, and not that much more expensive. They offer much better shuttle service, and there's just something about staying in the arms of Disney. They really take care of you. Plus, the bus drivers are great sources of information about the parks and Disney history.
2. Tour the entire complex. Ride the monorail, even if your not staying at a monorail hotel. Explore the other hotels (espicially the Contemporary).
3. Look into taking a behind the scenes tour. Did you know that the Magic Kingdom is actually on the 2nd floor? Under your feet in the MK is tunnels, which were actually laid on top of the ground, and then backfilled. Cool stuff to learn.
4. If you go to a ride or attraction, and there are two lines, always go to the left. People are naturally right handed, and will line up on the right. You can often get much further in line if you go on the left.
5. Eat lunch at the nicer restraunts, not dinner. Dinner is often 25% more expensive than lunch, for the same food.
Have fun!
------------------
Randy Tennison
Kansas City, MO
Home theater photos located at
http://home.kc.rr.com/thetennisons/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks