What's new

Vintage Television Soundtrack Corner (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Not to get anyone upset, but does anyone know when some classic Universal Television soundtracks might come out? There were rumors that some were in the works?

---jthree

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Do any of you think we might ever get more television theme collections like TeeVee Tunes used to do in the eighties and nineties. I would love to have a "lost theme" collection with the themes from the seventies Ellery Queen, Quark, Search, Petrocelli, television's How the West Was Won, Newhart, and other great cues that have never been put out. Shame.

I realize this may never be a best seller, but I do think those themes had some merit and were innovative. I know. I know, it's unlikely, but some projects should always be continued.

--jthree

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Ordered Vol. 2 on the spot.

Warning, warning:

“GOING OUT OF PRINT ALERT” Less than 150 units of THE TIME TUNNEL VOL 1 (3-CD SET) remain! If you don’t have yours yet, now’s the perfect time to grab it, along with our new release of VOL 2! When this title is gone… it’s gone!

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper

Now playing: The complete scores for Then Came Bronson (1969), especially the two scores by Gil Mellé.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Really want to thank you @Neil S. Bulk for all the work you and everyone do for these releases. Classic TV series scores are a niche within a niche and you really have to love it to do it. Whether they're complete or just whatever could be salvaged, these albums are a godsend.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
The Time Tunnel sets got me through the early parts of COVID last year. I was in a panic that work was going to dry up. I had one big title to work on and I was drawing it out because I thought it all might end. Then Time Tunnel showed up. When I sat down with it I realized I could work on it with the same methodology as I did on the original Star Trek TV series. Suddenly I had a purpose again. Because I had little else going on I probably got a little obsessive over it, but the final product is one I'm immensely proud of. I hope you like it.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
To ScottRE and Neil S. Bulk,

Amongst the music scores from that volume 2, which scores were massively recycled and tracked into the episodes?
Thanks.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
If you're curious about tracked scores, check out a book by Martin Grams on THE TIME TUNNEL. He lists every cue used, the composer therof, and the length used for that instance.

It's close to perfect, but when referring to outside cues, he neglects to list which movie score it is from. A good example is that an often used cue is called "The paper hanger is still alive" by Daniele Amfitheatrof, but the movie it's from is never listed.

A lot of the Sawtell cues that aren't recognizable probably came from VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA. Herrmann cues are usually from THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL, KING OF THE KHYBER RIFLES, GARDEN OF EVIL, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks