What's new

Vintage Television Soundtrack Corner (1 Viewer)

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
La La Land Records will release on November 27, 2018, a 4-CD set of Land of the Giants.
Find the official announcement:
https://lalalandrecords.com
LAND OF THE GIANTS – 50th ANNIVERSARY SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET) LLLCD 1486
Music by John Williams, Alexander Courage, Leith Stevens, Harry Geller, Artie Kane, Joseph Mullendore, Richard LaSalle, Robert Prince, Irving Gertz and Paul Sawtell
Limited Edition Of 1000 Units
Retail Price: $59.98
La-La Land Records, Synthesis Entertainment, 20th Century Fox, Fox Music and Legendary Pictures proudly present LAND OF THE GIANTS – 50TH ANNIVERSARY SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION: LIMITED EDITION, a deluxe 4-CD box set of original music from the classic Irwin Allen 60’s sci-fi/fantasy television series!
The original scores from this cherished series, a re-imagining of influences from Jonathan Swift and Gulliver’s Travels, in the format of Allen’s LOST IN SPACE, sparkle like never before in...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
THE WILD WILD WEST: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET) LLLCD1425
Retail Price: $59.98
Limited Edition Of 1000 Units

La-La Land Records and CBS proudly announce the world-premiere release of THE WILD WILD WEST, a limited edition 4-CD box set, showcasing the original music scores from the classic 1965-1969 television series THE WILD WILD WEST, starring Robert Conrad and Ross Martin.

Restored and remastered from studio elements, this deluxe limited edition release features some of the finest television music ever recorded. Never-before-released, the exhilarating scores presented here propelled the adventures of Special Agent Jim West and Artemus Gordon week after week and were composed by such renowned musical legends as Richard Markowitz, Robert Drasnin, Dave Grusin, Richard Shores, Harry Geller, Walter Scharf, Jack Pleis, Fred Steiner, and Dimitri Tiomkin (who wrote an original, unused theme!). Album producer Jon Burlingame takes you on a rip-roaring ride through this amazing compilation with his comprehensive liner notes – featured within a knockout 40-Page booklet.

This 4-CD set was produced for La-La Land Records by Jon Burlingame and mastered by Doug Schwartz from ½’’ and ¼’’ tape vault elements. Dave Grusin’s, Walter Scharf’s, and two of Richard Shores’ scores were restored from CBS stem elements by audio expert, Chris Malone. The pistol-packing art design is by Jim Titus. This very special release of music from TV’s most WILD western is limited to 1000 units, so report to President Grant immediately and get yours now!

https://lalalandrecords.com/wild-wild-west-the-limited-edition-4-cd-set/

wild-wild-fb-shareable-web.jpg

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE – THE TELEVISION SCORES: LIMITED EDITION (6-CD BOX SET) LLLCD1359
Was: $99.98
Now: $75.00
Limited Edition of 1500 Units

La-La Land Records and CBS proudly announce the release of MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE – THE TELEVISION SCORES, a limited edition 6-CD box set, showcasing the restored and remastered original music scores from the classic 1966-1973 television series MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE, starring Peter Graves, Barbara Bain, Greg Morris and Martin Landau.

Restored and remastered from mono studio elements, this deluxe limited edition release of 1500 Units features some of the best television music ever recorded, much of it never-before-released, from such renowned composers as Lalo Schifrin, (who wrote the iconic theme), Gerald Fried, Jerry Fielding, Don Ellis, Richard Hazard, Robert Drasnin and more! Album producer Jon Burlingame takes you on a thrilling mission through this deluxe compilation and its amazing scores with his comprehensive liner notes – delivered via three informative, photo-packed booklets. The 6-Disc set is housed in an attractive hard-cover slipcase.

This deluxe set was produced for La-La Land Records by Jon Burlingame with music restored by Chris Malone and mastered by Doug Schwartz. Art direction is by Joe Sikoryak.

https://lalalandrecords.com/mission-impossible-the-television-scores-6-cd-box-set-limited-edition/

m-i-promo-lg-web.jpg

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I am waiting for LAND OF THE GIANTS to street so I can order all three at once (assuming there won't be another announcement). Should I wait beyond tomorrow to order these in the event another jewel is announced?

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I need that WILD WILD WEST set!

Here's a heads-up on a previous La-La Land Records release, from a couple of years ago, that is still available from them. I own it, and it is truly outstanding--

JONNY QUEST: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD1400
Retail Price: $24.98
Limited Edition of 3000 Units

La-La Land Records and Warner Bros. present the world premiere release of the original television score to the 1964-65 classic animated Hanna-Barbera adventure series JONNY QUEST, with music by William Hanna, Joseph Barbera and Hoyt Curtin and musical direction by Hoyt Curtin and Ted Nichols. Requested by fans for decades, the thrilling and groundbreaking original music from one of the most beloved 60’s animated shows of all time finally makes its official debut with this deluxe, knockout 2-CD presentation. The musical genius of Hoyt Curtin (THE FLINTSTONES, TOP CAT, SCOOBY DOO) is on full display here – thrilling, jazz-infused action scoring, brimming with excitement and drama! Produced by Lukas Kendall, Taylor White and Nik Ranieri, and mastered by Doug Schwartz, this 2-CD limited release of 3000 units includes bonus tracks and features fascinating, in depth liner notes by film music journalist Jon Burlingame and writer Jeff Bond. Adventurous art design by Joe Sikoryak compliments this celebratory release that will thrill fans of all ages!

https://lalalandrecords.com/jonny-quest-limited-edition-2-cd-set/

jonny-quest.jpg

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I am waiting for LAND OF THE GIANTS to street so I can order all three at once (assuming there won't be another announcement). Should I wait beyond tomorrow to order these in the event another jewel is announced?
The other sets showcased here were previously released. La-la land is done announcing for the year (their Black Friday announcements, which this year included the Land of the Giants set, plus a Harry Potter/John Williams Collection, expanded Dracula and Schindler’s List, are how they close out the year). I love LLL Records with a passion!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE – THE TELEVISION SCORES: LIMITED EDITION (6-CD BOX SET) LLLCD1359
Was: $99.98
Now: $75.00
Limited Edition of 1500 Units

La-La Land Records and CBS proudly announce the release of MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE – THE TELEVISION SCORES, a limited edition 6-CD box set, showcasing the restored and remastered original music scores from the classic 1966-1973 television series MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE, starring Peter Graves, Barbara Bain, Greg Morris and Martin Landau.

Restored and remastered from mono studio elements, this deluxe limited edition release of 1500 Units features some of the best television music ever recorded, much of it never-before-released, from such renowned composers as Lalo Schifrin, (who wrote the iconic theme), Gerald Fried, Jerry Fielding, Don Ellis, Richard Hazard, Robert Drasnin and more! Album producer Jon Burlingame takes you on a thrilling mission through this deluxe compilation and its amazing scores with his comprehensive liner notes – delivered via three informative, photo-packed booklets. The 6-Disc set is housed in an attractive hard-cover slipcase.

This deluxe set was produced for La-La Land Records by Jon Burlingame with music restored by Chris Malone and mastered by Doug Schwartz. Art direction is by Joe Sikoryak.

https://lalalandrecords.com/mission-impossible-the-television-scores-6-cd-box-set-limited-edition/

m-i-promo-lg-web.jpg

I bet that'll be plenty of great listening from the history of that O-R CBS M:I!

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The other sets showcased here were previously released. La-la land is done announcing for the year (their Black Friday announcements, which this year included the Land of the Giants set, plus a Harry Potter/John Williams Collection, expanded Dracula and Schindler’s List, are how they close out the year). I love LLL Records with a passion!
Thanks. Me too. I actually stick money away throughout the year so when great sets like these are announced, I can just get them without angst.

I'm glad this thread got posted. I had no idea. Now I can't wait.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Find one of my favorite playlists that I created from the MISSION set.

MISSION FIELDING
THE COUNCIL: Cleft/Tailpipe Him/Cracks Safe 3:30
THE COUNCIL: Ultra Violet/Takes Picture/Leave It Alone 2:54
THE COUNCIL: Elevator Race/Finale 2:25
THE EXECUTION: Garbage/Vic Gets Caught 3:56
THE EXECUTION: It's A Gas 2:22
THE CARDINAL: The Smoking Monk/Cardinal Gets Bagged 2:13
THE CARDINAL: The Smoking Nun/Rollin Becomes Cardinal/Assure Myself 3:15
THE EXCHANGE: Big Edifice/They'll Kill Her/Bang Bang 2:42
THE CONTROLLERS: We Begin To Institute/Mission: Impossible Theme 2:35
THE CONTROLLERS: The Plot 3:55
THE CONTROLLERS: Loads Stiff/To Be Continued 2:18
THE CONTROLLERS: Meredyth/Water Tower/Part II Finale 2:12

Total Time: 35 minutes

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I put MI and WWW in my cart yesterday and thought I would simply order all three once LOTG went live. Problem is, they took MI off sale in the interim, so I only got WWW and LOTG. Hopefully they will put MI back on sale before all the units are sold. But I have learned my lesson. Next time I won't bother with bundle ordering. I would have paid $99 for MI to start with if I hadn't woken up this morning with every reason to believe I'd be paying $79.

All that said, I am excited about the two sets I have coming. And agree with Harry about Time Tunnel.

Last edited:

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
To all vintage soundtracks aficionados,

La La Land and Universal plan to release some major television series music from 2019 and it will include:
The Munsters
The Six Million Dollar Man (1974-1978)
Kolchak: The Night Stalker (1974-1975)

Get ready to support these releases when time come.

Last edited:

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Find one of my favorite playlists that I created from the WEST set.

W3 SHORES BEST
ECCENTRICS: Gargoyle / Nothing Except Die / Small Wager 2:53
ECCENTRICS: Mighty Titan / The Crown 2:45
ECCENTRICS: Central Hall / Hangin' Around 3:36
ECCENTRICS: Juarez's Place / Your Servant 1:56
FIREBRAND: Run, West, Run/O'Reilly's Plan 2:50
FIREBRAND: The Trip/Pressure Point 5:01
FIREBRAND: Explosion 2:10
FIREBRAND: O'Reilley's Dream 2:34

Total Time: 24 minutes

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
To all vintage soundtracks aficionados,

La la Land and Universal plan to release some major television series music from 2019 and it will include:
The Munsters
The Six Million Dollar Man (1974-1978)
Kolchak: The Night Stalker (1974-1975)

Get ready to support these releases when time come.

I'll be all over that Kolchak: The Night Stalker release, at the very least! Thanks for the heads-up, John!

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
It's too bad that after the buyout, Warner Bros. trashed all of the soundtracks written for Lorimar Productions by the likes of Morton Stevens, Alexander Courage and Arthur Morton.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks