What's new

Vintage Television Soundtrack Corner (1 Viewer)

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Anything with a British pedigree could be subject to PAL speed-up somewhere along the line. I have some PRISONER soundtrack discs with some of the tracks lifted from the actual shows being too fast.
That did cross my mind and I'm wondering if the mono tracks were film stems or timed to fit what they were hearing in the UK if they were comparing them to SD video prints. The HD Blu Rays would run them at the proper pitch and timing.

Other CD releases of the music were fine and I have the Bruton Library LP with the Mike Vickers movie tile music and that runs correctly.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Is anyone overly familiar with the Space:1999 CDs from Fanderson? I feel like some of the cues in the Year Two 40th Anniversary set, like the mono main titles and the main titles for Destination Moonbase-Alpha run too fast. I went and changed the speed on my digital files and they sound better, but I'm wondering then if they're supposed to be that way or not, or if there was some kinda glitch in the mastering.

I own all the CD editions of Space: 1999 Year 1 and Year 2.​
I had one issue with the second edition of Space: 1999 Year 1 with the cues from “Force of Life” that they slowed down on purpose as opposed to the first edition.​

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yeah, they made the focus of the 40th Anniversary releases be to match how the music sounded in the episodes. I really welcomed that in Year 2, as far as providing the mono cues. There are real differences in what you hear comparing Wadsworth's mono and stereo music. I wasn't crazy about some of the edits, though, to match the broadcast scoring. It tended to break up the flow.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi all,

Not to steal the thunder from the discussion on the Time Tunnel soundtrack, but I think the soundtrack to the Timmy and Lassie TV series is worthy of a release on CD. Great episodic orchestration.
I read somewhere that CBS donated their music library to UCLA and to obtain almost anything from them, is difficult at best.

John

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
The President’s Plane Is Missing (1973/Movie Made for Television)
music by Gil Mellé​
Suite from that telefilm

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, they made the focus of the 40th Anniversary releases be to match how the music sounded in the episodes. I really welcomed that in Year 2, as far as providing the mono cues. There are real differences in what you hear comparing Wadsworth's mono and stereo music. I wasn't crazy about some of the edits, though, to match the broadcast scoring. It tended to break up the flow.
I'm with you on the flow changes, just for the sake of matching the broadcast. Particularly hated the constant 'interruptions' in the Space Warp score. I would have preferred they kept it as recorded, rather than interjecting the unrelated cues periodically.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Just double checked and you're right, summer was definitely the proposed release of vol. 2. I anticipate delays because that stuff happens. It'll get here. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Reading between Neil Bulk's lines, I think I'll be a happy camper sometime this summer!
Yeah, I don't want to put words in Neil's mouth/post but I have to imagine that La La Land have their releases planned for the next few months at a minimum so he knows what is and isn't coming.

And Spielberg fans, Always is coming from LLL in a few weeks.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
"Refine your time lock, Ann, we're past the fourth of July!"

"Ray, go back to the parabolic time curve under increased power."

vlcsnap-2012-08-02-11h58m13s59.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks