What's new
World Wide Stereo

Vintage JBL Speaker questions (1 Viewer)

jillieloomer

Auditioning
Real Name
Jill Lawrence
I am a widow of an JBL Speaker nut, and when he passed away 11 years ago, he left me with a pair of JBL Paragons. At least that's what he told me they were. I have gone to the JBL website, and the Paragons are similar to the picture, and but they have a wooden grill on the front. The JBL logos are silver, and tarnish over time, so I know they're real. He told me that he purchased them new, in 1958, and at the time they were being built in James B Lansings garage. I can't see in the back of the cabinet, but the front of the speakers are visible through the wooden grill. Can someone tell me what I've got? He's gone, and I don't know who to talk to. He always told me they were valuable.
Jillieloomer

728x90

jillieloomer

Auditioning
Real Name
Jill Lawrence
Dear Lance, thanks so much for replying. I did find their forum, after I posted this question. I found out that I have a pair of Minigons. My late husband told me that they were minigons, but up to last Saturday, I never could find out anything. Anyway, I will attempt to remove the grills, and check out serial numbers, and see what that information will give me. Thank you so much.
jillieloomer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katarianig
Recent bookmarks