What's new

Vinegar Syndrome 3D release in November (1 Viewer)

Artanis

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
Amazon is taking preorders for the 1953 film, The Wings of The Hawk, 3D blu-ray to be released by Kino, February 9th, '21. Haven't seen it, but the trailer looks like a lot of fun. Pop-outs galore.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
So many guesses?

Like I said at the start, should be one of the following:

ROTTWEILER aka DOGS OF HELL - March 1983
TALES OF THE THIRD DIMENSION - April 1984
SILENT MADNESS - October 1984

Most think it will be Silent Madness,

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
So many guesses?
Let's round up the usual suspects, based on the description: " our long promised (and very first) 3-D Blu-ray of an early 80s horror treat, presented in its original scope framing and in full digital 3-D, Anaglyph 3-D (with custom glasses!) and, of course, Flat 2-D for the first time "
  • Early 80s horror in 3D for the first time? Roland's list covers the bases;
  • Flat 2-D for the first time? With the qualifier of "on Blu-ray", all three would be eligible; but
  • If we're truly talking "for the first time", none of the above actually qualify, since Rottweiler has a German 2D release
I'm still leaning towards Silent Madness, though Rottweiler would definitely be cool.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
It is indeed silent madness.

Ive never heard of it, but the trailer looks like a typical 80s slasher film. I purchased a copy, along with Beastmaster in 4k.

Artanis

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
Anybody else notice that Kino Lorber has available for immediate purchase, the 1956 3D western classic,
Wings of The Hawk. I was under the impression that it wasn't going to be released until Feb 2021. But the listing makes no mention of a pre-order, so they must be shipping. Interesting note when searching for it on their web site, it won't pull up under 3D. But it will with a hyphen, 3-D. I'd post a link but not sure if that's allowed here.

738329252168.jpg

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Anybody else notice that Kino Lorber has available for immediate purchase, the 1956 3D western classic,
Wings of The Hawk. I was under the impression that it wasn't going to be released until Feb 2021. But the listing makes no mention of a pre-order, so they must be shipping. Interesting note when searching for it on their web site, it won't pull up under 3D. But it will with a hyphen, 3-D. I'd post a link but not sure if that's allowed here.

View attachment 82456

Not available till 2/9/11

woth.jpg

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Ordered! I also ordered Vinegar Syndrome's new non-3D announcement, Fade to Black (1980, Slipcover variant #2)!

SilentMadness_slip_front_2400x.jpg

FadeToBlack_new-slip_front_2400x.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Good to know, though I wonder why it's being played so subtly? Usually that would be an additional selling point in the marketing, and 3DFA would be talking about it.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Good to know, though I wonder why it's being played so subtly? Usually that would be an additional selling point in the marketing, and 3DFA would be talking about it.

They couldn't talk about it till Vinnegar Syndrome announced the title today.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
They couldn't talk about it till Vinnegar Syndrome announced the title today.

Yep, it seems 3DFA was under a tighter-than-usual gag order but now VS is able to test the power of 3D releases and I'll be willing to bet they'll be pleasantly surprised. In fact, I'll bet they'll see a halo effect -- folks initially attracted specifically by Silent Madness picking up other VS titles while they're at it.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Ordered my copy. Is this a preorder or shipping now? I couldn’t tell from the mobile version of the page I ordered from.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The secrecy surrounding this title has been bizarre. I honestly wasn't too interested until learning today of the 3DFA involvement.

I realize that doesn't change the quality of the film itself, but it does ensure the technical aspects of the restoration and 3D presentation are likely stellar.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The secrecy surrounding this title has been bizarre. I honestly wasn't too interested until learning today of the 3DFA involvement.

I realize that doesn't change the quality of the film itself, but it does ensure the technical aspects of the restoration and 3D presentation are likely stellar.
I can't speak to how the 3-D will end up (though I am also assured by 3DFA's involvement) but Vinegar Syndrome generally does great work so I expect this to be an excellent release.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s my first purchase from the company and I’m happy to give them a try. Their selection of titles is generally outside my wheelhouse so this was a nice opportunity to finally check out their wares.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.