RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Any guess what the title might be?

VS said for November release "including our first ever 3D Blu-ray (don’t worry, a flat version will be included as well), of a never-on-disc early 80s horror rarity"

Should be one of the following (release date shown):

ROTTWEILER aka DOGS OF HELL - March 1983
TALES OF THE THIRD DIMENSION - April 1984
SILENT MADNESS - October 1984

Bob Cashill

Senior HTF Member
Hmm. Owensby hasn't leased many of his titles, has he? Maybe that's changed with one of these other two? In any case bring it on!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Well, since this is a 3-D film from the 80s I hope convergence isn't an issue.
If it's any of Owensby's titles, the optics are quite good, having been created by Chris Condon. Convergence shouldn't be an issue. If you've seen the Jaws 3D disc, the material shot with Condon's optics is really good.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Jaws 3D???
Yes. The majority of the underwater shots were done with Chris Condon's rig. there were three different rigs being used; the Arrivision 3D being the worst, with chromatic aberrations visible in frame. See Amityville 3D to see how bad these aberrations could get.

Reactions: Josh Steinberg

maxfabien

Agent
Real Name
Walter
I know the movie was released in 3D in the theaters, but is it available on blu-ray 3D?
If it's any of Owensby's titles, the optics are quite good, having been created by Chris Condon. Convergence shouldn't be an issue. If you've seen the Jaws 3D disc, the material shot with Condon's optics is really good.
Jaws3D is not available in blu-ray 3D.

maxfabien

Agent
Real Name
Walter
Thank you. I missed it because it usually specifies on the front of the case that it contains the 3D version, not just as a bonus feature listed on the back.

Reactions: ahollis

Artanis

Agent
Real Name
Curt
Which bring me back to my point. The 3D market not being what it use to and JAWS already available on 3D blu-ray, I think Vinegar would be very disappointed in sales if indeed they issued JAWS 3D, again. And as Ahollis mentioned, hard to be the price point from Amazon. But if it is JAWS, I'm certainly not purchasing it again.

Reactions: ahollis

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gil Jones