What's new

Van Morrison's "Down the Road" (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Any Van Morrison fans here? I picked up his latest album entitled Down the Road, and I think it's his best effort in years. While he doesn't break any new ground, it's a very solid effort - just Van doin' his thing. I particularly liked his rendition of Georgia On My Mind. Check it out!
:star: :star: :star:

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Steve,
I love Van Morrison. I did not know this was out. Will purchase immediately.
One of my favorite 2CD sets is "Too Late to Stop Now"
Thanks for the post! :)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Just got it the other day. I like it so far - my favorite tracks are "Man Has To Struggle" and "The Beauty of the Days Gone By".

It was great to hear a traditional "all-Van" album again. Very bluesy in tone, this time.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Lee, It's Too Late to Stop Now is one of my favorites as well, especially disc two. I love the live versions of Cypress Avenue and Bring it on Home to Me. I also enjoyed The Philosopher's Stone with that terrific live version of Wonderful Remark, one of my favorite Van songs. Wasn't there supposed to be another compilation like TPS? I haven't heard anything lately and have been wondering if it's coming out or not.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'll second Moondance and suggest Van's other classic album, Astral Weeks, though it isn't as "accessible" as the former. You'll also want to check out St. Dominic's Preview and Tupelo Honey.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I quite enjoy Veedon Fleece, one of Van's more obscure releases. I also like the Bang Masters compilation. It's definitely the best collection of Van's early stuff.

Jeff Keene

Supporting Actor
Looks like I'll start with Moondance and bookmark this page "in case I like it". Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.