What's new

Vacuum Cleaners (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
No, but you're the only one farting in this thread. ;)

Seriously, I hear what you're saying, but this is the first vacuum I have bought in several years (the old Hoover finally lost all of its suck) and I decided to go first class this time around. The Dyson is really worth the money. Vacuuming is a chore we all have do to, but the Dyson does it better and easier. It's almost fun now!! My cats still hate it, though!! :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
No, but you're the only one farting in this thread. ;)

Seriously, I hear what you're saying, but this is the first vacuum I have bought in several years (the old Hoover finally lost all of its suck) and I decided to go first class this time around. The Dyson is really worth the money. Vacuuming is a chore we all have do to, but the Dyson does it better and easier. It's almost fun now!! My cats still hate it, though!! :D

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
We're thinking of getting a refurbed Dyson from Amazon.com ($275 US last time i checked), but have yet to take the plunge. There are reports of the refurbs missing attatchments, but also reports that Dyson's customer service was good and replaced the missing ones free.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
We're thinking of getting a refurbed Dyson from Amazon.com ($275 US last time i checked), but have yet to take the plunge. There are reports of the refurbs missing attatchments, but also reports that Dyson's customer service was good and replaced the missing ones free.

ClintS

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Miele cannister and a Riccar upright. There is no beating a well designed vaccuum. My only suggestion is you consider what you will be vacuuming. The Miele is FANTANSTIC for hard floors (wood,tile,laminate,etc) but not as great for carpet. To use it on carpet you need a powerhead and an electric hose, an air power head (turbobrush) will not work well on medium to high pile carpets. If you have mostly carpet a well designed upright like the Riccar will serve you well, I dont like the Dyson because it is mostly plastic while it may perform well initially I would be concerned about the longevity.

ClintS

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Miele cannister and a Riccar upright. There is no beating a well designed vaccuum. My only suggestion is you consider what you will be vacuuming. The Miele is FANTANSTIC for hard floors (wood,tile,laminate,etc) but not as great for carpet. To use it on carpet you need a powerhead and an electric hose, an air power head (turbobrush) will not work well on medium to high pile carpets. If you have mostly carpet a well designed upright like the Riccar will serve you well, I dont like the Dyson because it is mostly plastic while it may perform well initially I would be concerned about the longevity.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Oh dear, wouldn't you be happier pushing over cows or something?

In case you hadn't noticed:
(1) we're in the 21st century, and normal people don't think being a woman is a sign of retardation
(2) we are capable of talking about more than home theater
(3) the thread is about vacuum cleaners - why did you look at this thread since patently it has nothing to do with home theater?

To get back to the thread - we've had a Dyson for about three years now and have absolutely no complaints. I think you do get what you pay for.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Oh dear, wouldn't you be happier pushing over cows or something?

In case you hadn't noticed:
(1) we're in the 21st century, and normal people don't think being a woman is a sign of retardation
(2) we are capable of talking about more than home theater
(3) the thread is about vacuum cleaners - why did you look at this thread since patently it has nothing to do with home theater?

To get back to the thread - we've had a Dyson for about three years now and have absolutely no complaints. I think you do get what you pay for.

Johnny_M

Second Unit
Because I look at alot of threads. Since this is a public forum my oppionion is just as valid as yours. Just because I seem to disagree with every damn one of you does not mean I am not allowed to post my thoughts, so live with it. Personally, I think a $500 vaccuum cleaner is for suckers. There are a certain percentage of people that feel they have to have the best of everything, and pay more to get something that they "think" is better so they can show it off to their freinds.

Bose anyone?

I see a $500 vaccuum cleaner as an over priced womans toy, most men I know own used vaccuum cleaners, or $79 walmart specials. Why? Because its JUST a VACCUUM CLEANER! Either you guys have more $$ than you need, more debt than you can afford, or your priorities are phreakin wacky.

Johnny

Johnny_M

Second Unit
Because I look at alot of threads. Since this is a public forum my oppionion is just as valid as yours. Just because I seem to disagree with every damn one of you does not mean I am not allowed to post my thoughts, so live with it. Personally, I think a $500 vaccuum cleaner is for suckers. There are a certain percentage of people that feel they have to have the best of everything, and pay more to get something that they "think" is better so they can show it off to their freinds.

Bose anyone?

I see a $500 vaccuum cleaner as an over priced womans toy, most men I know own used vaccuum cleaners, or $79 walmart specials. Why? Because its JUST a VACCUUM CLEANER! Either you guys have more $$ than you need, more debt than you can afford, or your priorities are phreakin wacky.

Johnny

Walt N

Second Unit
Gee whiz Johnny, thanks for getting that off your chest.

Thanks for pointing those out. There are some very good deals there... I see they have the Animal model for $350. I wonder if it's worth the extra $75? Do those of you who own that model find yourselves using the extra included tools often?

Walt N

Second Unit
Gee whiz Johnny, thanks for getting that off your chest.

Thanks for pointing those out. There are some very good deals there... I see they have the Animal model for $350. I wonder if it's worth the extra $75? Do those of you who own that model find yourselves using the extra included tools often?

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
I bought a Kenmore canister model a couple weeks ago; very happy with it. What a relief to get rid of the dust that my old vacuum could never get out.

I'm not too keen on uprights - too hard to use on stairs.

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
I bought a Kenmore canister model a couple weeks ago; very happy with it. What a relief to get rid of the dust that my old vacuum could never get out.

I'm not too keen on uprights - too hard to use on stairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks