What's new

Vacuum Cleaners (1 Viewer)

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Anybody own a Dyson or Miele(?). I'm considering both. They've both gotten great reviews and seem to be great machines. Cost is fairly similar for both. Going to have two cats, so a nice vacuum is a must. Thanks for any input.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Anybody own a Dyson or Miele(?). I'm considering both. They've both gotten great reviews and seem to be great machines. Cost is fairly similar for both. Going to have two cats, so a nice vacuum is a must. Thanks for any input.

Johnny_M

Second Unit
what the hell?? dude its a phreakin vaccuum cleaner!! 30 DOLLAR flee market brands do just as good as any 500 dollar vaccuum. save your money and buy something cool with it.

Johnny

Johnny_M

Second Unit
what the hell?? dude its a phreakin vaccuum cleaner!! 30 DOLLAR flee market brands do just as good as any 500 dollar vaccuum. save your money and buy something cool with it.

Johnny

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

Wrong, wrong, wrong. You are SO wrong.

I bought a Dyson "Animal" last year. I love it. It is easy to use, easy to clean, and has amazing suckitude. ;) Like you, I have two cats, and this thing makes short work of the cat hair.

I never thought I'd say this about a vacuum cleaner, but it's just COOL. I love the way everything fits together, with built-in storage for the attachments, the way the extendable hose works, never having to deal with bags again, even the purple color. It's a triumph of industrial design. It truly is the vacuum cleaner for techno-geeks, and it's been worth every penny I paid for it.

And yeah, it's not cheap. But, heck, it's not like you buy vacuum cleaners every year. I did the research, and decided to go with the best. No regrets at all here.

Oh yeah, here's an earlier thread on Dyson:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=170147

In that thread a few people mention that canister models are better than uprights. Dyson now has a canister model if you want to go that way.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

Wrong, wrong, wrong. You are SO wrong.

I bought a Dyson "Animal" last year. I love it. It is easy to use, easy to clean, and has amazing suckitude. ;) Like you, I have two cats, and this thing makes short work of the cat hair.

I never thought I'd say this about a vacuum cleaner, but it's just COOL. I love the way everything fits together, with built-in storage for the attachments, the way the extendable hose works, never having to deal with bags again, even the purple color. It's a triumph of industrial design. It truly is the vacuum cleaner for techno-geeks, and it's been worth every penny I paid for it.

And yeah, it's not cheap. But, heck, it's not like you buy vacuum cleaners every year. I did the research, and decided to go with the best. No regrets at all here.

Oh yeah, here's an earlier thread on Dyson:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=170147

In that thread a few people mention that canister models are better than uprights. Dyson now has a canister model if you want to go that way.

SethH

Senior HTF Member

Thanks for the opinion, but I'll have to respectfully disagree. I'm willing to bet there's an equal number of people out there who say "a $500 dollar speaker? a $30 speaker out of a white van will sound just as good!"

SethH

Senior HTF Member

Thanks for the opinion, but I'll have to respectfully disagree. I'm willing to bet there's an equal number of people out there who say "a $500 dollar speaker? a $30 speaker out of a white van will sound just as good!"

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
We are in the market for a new vacuum as well. I was all set to plunk my money down on a Dyson, then came across this site.

Dyson

Now I'm not so sure I'm willing to invest that kind of dough on one. Granted that is a UK site and maybe the issue was corrected before being made available in America. If it's been corrected, that could explain why there are a ton of refurb Dysons available on the net. Which is what I was considering. How long have you Dyson owners had your vacs? According to the comments, problems seem to pop up after a year or two.

Right now we are leaning toward this Eureka model.

Eureka

Not that I put much weight on Consumer Reports, but this did get a good review from them and the online customer comments I've been able to find back that up.

-Dave

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
We are in the market for a new vacuum as well. I was all set to plunk my money down on a Dyson, then came across this site.

Dyson

Now I'm not so sure I'm willing to invest that kind of dough on one. Granted that is a UK site and maybe the issue was corrected before being made available in America. If it's been corrected, that could explain why there are a ton of refurb Dysons available on the net. Which is what I was considering. How long have you Dyson owners had your vacs? According to the comments, problems seem to pop up after a year or two.

Right now we are leaning toward this Eureka model.

Eureka

Not that I put much weight on Consumer Reports, but this did get a good review from them and the online customer comments I've been able to find back that up.

-Dave

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
I bought a Dyson Animal model a little over a year ago. Has to be the best vacuum cleaner I've ever purchased. Yes they are a little expensive but I've also purchased my share of $200-300 Hover and Eureka models and they don't come close. I have lots of pets and it's amazing how much pet hair this thing picks up. You can save a little money by getting the other models they sell. Costco has recently started selling them too.
Get a Dyson. You won't regret it.

Jeff

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
I bought a Dyson Animal model a little over a year ago. Has to be the best vacuum cleaner I've ever purchased. Yes they are a little expensive but I've also purchased my share of $200-300 Hover and Eureka models and they don't come close. I have lots of pets and it's amazing how much pet hair this thing picks up. You can save a little money by getting the other models they sell. Costco has recently started selling them too.
Get a Dyson. You won't regret it.

Jeff

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I've had my Dyson for just about 6 months now. If it goes south, I'll report here. No signs of any problems yet, however,

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I've had my Dyson for just about 6 months now. If it goes south, I'll report here. No signs of any problems yet, however,

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Native_Texan
Recent bookmarks