Upgrade time....suggestions? (long post)

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by DavidCooper, Jun 15, 2005.

1. DavidCooper

DavidCooper Stunt Coordinator

Ok...I've decided to make some changes in my HT. Moving to a new house and I would like to "upgrade" a bit.

I have Swan speakers. Currently I'm running the 2.1's/C3 in the front with a pair of 2.1's for side surrounds and a pair of Atoms for rears.

For now I'm going back to 5.1 for various reasons. I was thinking of going with the Swan dipoles for the sides to possibly compensate for not having the 7.1 configuration. Not sure if the Dipoles would do a better rear imaging job over the 2.1's...but I thought it might be worth a shot.

So, after some thinking I'm now leaning toward improving the front soundstage by going with the Swan 5.2 (full towers). I'm thinking this might be the better or more noticeable improvement in HT sound.

Anyone have any thoughts on this "upgrade"? Would I benefit more from the improved front end, or the dipole surrounds?

2. Dennis Gardner

Dennis Gardner Stunt Coordinator

Going into a smaller room? My system got an upgrade simply by downsizing the room. I went from 31 foot long 7.1 setup to a 16 foot 5.1 room and the smaller size gets all it can handle with the same components that were stretched filling the basement room I had it in.

Try it out before you break out the $$$.