What's new

Need help with connections (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will123

Auditioning
Real Name
William Henning
Just recently got the Polk 3.1 S4 which I like alot and have a couple questions. Is there any sound quality difference between HDMI ARC and Digital Optical? I'm talking about HDMI ARC and NOT eARC. I "thought" I noticed a difference but it could have been in my head because I wanted to hear a difference when there actually is no difference. I'm asking because I was under the impression HDMI ARC would give better sound but in my research I'm not finding that so thought I'd ask here.

I also bought a new 4K bluray player....Sony X700. In the setup audio settings it gives me a choice of downmixing to "stereo" or "surround sound" and I'm not sure what the Polk 3.1 soundar falls under...it's not a 2.1 stereo and it's not a full 5.1 surround sound either but I'm thinking "surround sound" might be the right choice or would there be much difference?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There’s no need to cross post the same question. I already answered the one in the Beginner section.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks