What's new

Audio HDMI ARC or Digital Optical (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Can the cube work like a universal remote control that can turn on/off multiple components (tv, BluRay player and stereo receiver) with a push of one button like a harmony remote from Logitech?
As Man said, that's highly unlikely. It usually requires macros, which is what the Harmony remotes can be programmed to do.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
The Fire TV Cube 3 WILL control another device. I have my cable box connected via the single HDMI input on the back and the remote can open the guide and navigate channels. I can tell the Cube "Alexa, switch to cable" from the main streaming menu. I can even tell the Cube to go to a specific channel.

I'm just wrestling with hooking up a new Atmos sound bar to my system. (Haven't opened the box yet but have read the manual on-line.) It only has an eARC output and one additional HDMI port. I want to listen to Atmos music from my Cube, but my TV only has ARC. If I connect the Cube output to the TV, will the TV pass the Atmos signal back to the sound bar that's connected via HDMI?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks