1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Universal Studios & Warner Brothers Reissued DVD Sets

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by UniversalPhan, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Blimpoy06

Blimpoy06 Screenwriter

Darin
    Much like the TV viewers in the 80's, I switched to watching the Dynasty DVD's after season 8 of Dallas.
    3c9b8c9b2875a72bc5954e3fa8d3f91b.
    I am four episodes into season 8 of Dynasty after finishing up the second and last year of The Colbys. (It's not as bad as it's reputation) I plan to return to Dallas when I finish Dynasty. Hey, has this turned into a Dallas thread?:laugh:

Jeff Flugel likes this.
  2. Mr. Handley

Mr. Handley Supporting Actor

Paul
    The only way I would've kept my flippers is if Victoria Principal herself showed up at my door to provide commentary!

Flashgear likes this.
  3. John*Wells

John*Wells Supporting Actor

John
    I had hoped to see Pam in the Dallas Continuation that TNT Did. I was really unhappy with the way the powers in charge handled Pam, and the 2 prior Dallas TV movies. Essentially, they were discarded in Dallas Canon. I mean, The stated reason Cliff wanted to sell Ewing Oil in J.R. Returns (1996) was that he wanted to retire and make things right with Afton and Pamela. it would have been nice if we had been given the reasons for Cliff now back in business and Angry with Bobby whom he sold Ewing Oil to. Furthermore, there were mis steps along the way. In season 2 for example, At J.R.s Memorial service when Cally and Mandy appeared, there was No Dialogue between Bobby and either of them. Also, When Gary and Val made appearances, there was no Dialogue that I remember with them and Lucy which made no sense to me since Val and Gary are Lucy's Parents

4. Mr. Handley

Paul
    Yeah, it seemed the Pam character was totally abandoned at some point in the original series. It's a shame, because it was her & Bobby's relationship that kicked off the whole thing in the very first episode in 1978.

Blimpoy06 and John*Wells like this.
  5. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr
    I picked up the single-sided discs re-release of the Superman animated complete series set.

Each disc was redone with 9 episodes per disc. The original special features are dropped entirely (except for one).

6. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr
    Tiny Toon Adventures season 1 volume 1 and Silverhawks seasons 1 volume 1, are being re-released as single-sided 3-discs sets. (Also Tiny Toon Adventures season 1 volume 2, which never had flippers to begin with). They're being released on September 10, 2019.

- Tiny Toons Adventures season 1 volume 2

https://www.amazon.com/Steven-Spielberg-Presents-Tiny-Adventures/dp/B07VFQMS2P/

- Tiny Toons Adventures season 1 volume 1

https://www.amazon.com/Steven-Spielberg-Presents-Adventures-Repackaged/dp/B07VCMNZ2G/

- Silverhaws season 1 volume 1

https://www.amazon.com/Silverhawks-Season-Repackaged-Robert-McFadden/dp/B07VFQMQT2/

These sets were originally released as four discs sets back in the day, with around 8 episodes per disc. These new upcoming 3-disc sets are reauthored with around 11 or 12 episodes per disc.

7. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr
    It remains to be seen whether Freakazoid season 1 is ever re-released as single-sided discs.

8. Mr. Handley

Paul
    Still having problems trying to locate the original Dallas 2018 single-sided releases for Seasons 9-12. What is the story on these? Limited supply and high demand? And if they are in such high demand, why don't they print more? I thought the later seasons wouldn't be nearly as popular as the early ones. I'm totally baffled on this one!

9. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr
    Without any insider information, it is hard to say for sure why the Dallas re-releases are out-of-print. All we can do is speculate. For example:

- They didn't manufacture a large number of copies?
    - Too many batches which turned out to be defective, and had to be recalled? (ie. Lousy quality control).
    - etc ...

10. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr
    This ^ is largely wrong.

I watched through the Superman animated discs more closely, and noticed just about all the original special features (from the flipper disc versions) are indeed there. It just happens that they were were not listed on the dvd cover or insert.

The only original special features (from the flipper disc versions) which appear to be gone, are the episode commentaries.

11. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr
    If anybody here has both the original flipper sets AND the corresponding re-released single-sided discs versions of the Hanna-Barbera dvd sets which were released as "Diamond Collection" versions in 2017-18, can you verify whether the special features were dropped entirely ?

For example, such as the 20-discs Flintstones complete series "Diamond Collection" dvd set which were all single-sided discs in comparison to the old 24 discs complete series version where the 4th disc of each season was a flipper.