What's new

Universal Studios & Warner Brothers Reissued DVD Sets (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
The biggest reason why I haven't purchased the previous Smallville complete series set(s), is from the numerous complaints about the packaging which had glue leaking onto and/or scratching the discs. I thought about purchasing the individual season sets, but haven't got around to it.

Similar to the complaints about the first West Wing complete series set packaging also with glue/scratching problems. (Though I got lucky that my copy of the West Wing complete series with the "briefcase" packaging, where I didn't encounter any major glue/scratch problems).

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Here's an unboxing video of the repackaged Waltons complete series dvd set, re-released back in May 2021.

It shows that the season 8 and 9 discs were repressed as single-sided discs. Better late than never.

Back in 2012, the season 1 to 7 dvd sets were re-released as single-sided discs sets. (All nine seasons were originally released as doubled-sided flipper discs back in the mid-late 2000s). At the time, the seasons 8 and 9 sets were not re-released as single-sided discs season sets.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Here's an unboxing video of the repackaged Waltons complete series dvd set, re-released back in May 2021.

It shows that the season 8 and 9 discs were repressed as single-sided discs. Better late than never.

Back in 2012, the season 1 to 7 dvd sets were re-released as single-sided discs sets. (All nine seasons were originally released as doubled-sided flipper discs back in the mid-late 2000s). At the time, the seasons 8 and 9 sets were not re-released as single-sided discs season sets.

A far better value than the original doubles.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Hmmm .....

The Welcome Back Kotter complete series set is being re-released this time by Warner on June 11, 2024. The amazon listing asserts this upcoming Warner released set will be a 12 disc set.

In contrast, the previous Shout Factory released complete series set had 16 discs, while the previously released four individual season sets were each 4 disc sets. (These older sets appear to now be out-of-print).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks