What's new

Universal. I still have hope for The Incredible Hulk !! (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I am hoping with all of the releases that Universal has been announcing, that they haven't given up on the Hulk. I would love to collect all 4 1/2 seasons of it. Even if they are mixed episodes like the first release. As long as all 82 episodes see the light of day, I'd be happy. However,I get the feeling that Universal only uses the TV/DVD market to tie in with the upcoming movie releases that they have. Which is a real shame!!
Hopefully someone out there at Universal is reading this!!

Mark Lx

Second Unit
I loved the 20 or so (including ther pilot disk) episodes they've released and would love to see more. I can only remember a couple other episodes from television, so I don't know if there is much of a drop off in the quality of stories. I would have preferred season sets from the start, but now that we have a lot of the best ones, another 6 disk set of better/favorite episodes would be great(maybe a little cheaper since there were no extras).

Jarrod Hines

Stunt Coordinator
I am a little over 1/2-way through the 6-disc set, and I would buy this show in seasons in a heartbeat (even though some of the eps weren't that great compared to those in this set). I'm glad I searched and found this thread; I was about to start a new one : )

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
For myself, the "Best Of" approach was actually a much better way to get me immersed in the series for the first time, especially seeing how so many key episodes were ultimately chosen.

The only three episodes that I wish had been included were the one where David visits his dying father, the episode where Lou Ferrigno played another role, and "Interview With The Hulk", the last episode in the series where David opened up to someone about his past.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Universal doesn't limit themselves like that. They've quickly become a favorite of mine in the TV on DVD game, and I don't think any of the titles I own have a tie-in: A-Team, Quantum Leap, The Munsters and Magnum, p.i. I don't have Buck Rogers, but that's unrelated to anything, as is Sliders, Knight Rider, Columbo, and Northern Exposure.

Will we see more of the Hulk? I don't know, but I hope so. Universal has a pretty full schedule, though, so it might not be for a while. I'm still hoping they have some surprises, such as Hulk and Airwolf.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
I'm a BIG Bill Bixby fan. I'm waiting for complete sets on dvd for this series that I really enjoyed watching growing up in the 1970's.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Actually, now that I think about it, Quantum Leap and the Munsters do have upcoming tie-ins, but I don't think that was the motivation for releasing the sets. After all, neither project is really on the public's radar screens yet. For Quantum Leap, there is some kind of project being developed at Sci-Fi. It's either a new series with new characters, or a reunion movie. I don't know if that's decided. For the Munsters, it's a Wayans brothers feature film, not even due until 2006.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks