What's new

Twin Peaks. How many seasons in all? (1 Viewer)

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
This looks like a good box-set. I remember seeing season one, but I didn't follow the others. How many in total, was Lynch involved beyond season one, what's the quality like for the later episodes, in other words what kind of potential investment am I looking at here?

RafaelB

Second Unit
Hi Peter!

Just wanted to let you know that you're potential investment won't be too, too great since Twin Peaks only last two seasons. Although there is a thread here that says Artisan might release the second season as two seperate box sets.

David Lynch was still involved during season two (he even directed the final episode).

Hope this helps.

Rafael

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
2 seasons: the brief pilot plus 7 episodes first season, followed by (I think) a 20-episode second season (or thereabouts).

I've heard that Artisan is considering releasing the second season in two sets. I think this would be a great idea. There's actually a perfect point of bifurcation right after the identity of the murderer is discovered (not quite as simple as that, of course) leading to a semi-resolution. The series follows a somewhat different, but completely-related tangent thereafter.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
All right, from what I understand, there was a pilot episode for the series that is not included in the box set. Is that correct? Does this detract from the overall impact of the box set and do you need to know what happened in the pilot to understand the future episodes. Keep in mind we're talking David Lynch here, any insight I can get into how this guy's mind works is a bonus in my book.

By the way, thanx for the info, guys, and thanx in advance for anything additional you wish to add.

RafaelB

Second Unit
Hello again Peter,

I'd have to say that yes, the Pilot episode is extremely important to the series. It is available as a Hong Kong import, playable on R1 players, you can find it on Ebay, too.

Warner Bros. (who owns the pilot) hasn't made any noise considering an official release, but, knowing them, I have a feeling they'll release the European edit that contains an 'ending' that is completely unlike what really happened in the series.

You're best best is to get the import, even though it suffers form PAL speed-up (IMO it's not very noticable).

Rafael

John CW

Supporting Actor
To be fair: Artisan HAVE included a summary of the pilot episode so you do know what's going on.

Plus there's also a "Previously on Twin Peaks" segment. Buy the HK disc or just go for it... everyone who has seems to have picked everything up ok.

This seems to prove that although annoying, not having the pilot does NOT distract from the coolness of the series... Enjoy! (I know you will!)

~ John

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Thanks for the info, Rafael. I was shocked to discover that this series debuted in 1990, I believe. For some reason, I didn't think it was that long ago.

John, do you know how extensive the plot summary is for the pilot? Is it just a blurb or a decent explanation? Call me anal, but I'm one of those people who absolutely hates walking into a film theater and the show's already started.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks