What's new

TV Shows screaming for DVD (1 Viewer)

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I'm gonna have to add

THE INVADERS

and

ROWAN & MARTIN'S LAUGH-IN

The closest the Americans have come to Python-esque humor in my opinion.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Well, here are some more TV shows which are screaming for DVD:

Gilligan's Island (season-by-season)
Freakazoid! (season-by-season)
2 Stupid Dogs (season-by-season)
Cow and Chicken (season-by-season)
I am Weasel (season-by-season)
Dexter's Labortary (season-by-season)
Sheep in The Big City (season-by-season)
Johnny Bravo (season-by-season)
Time Squad (season-by-season)
Ed, Edd & Eddy (season-by-season)
MTV' The State (season-by-season)
Viva Variety (season-by-season)
Kid's In The Hall (season-by-season)
Saturday Night Live (season-by-season)
Mad TV (season-by-season)
In Living Color (season-by-season)
The Edge (season-by-season)

I'd Love to see:

Family Ties
Wings
The Family Guy
The Critic
Beavis & Butthead(with music videos)
The Cosby Show
Married With children(heard it might be coming)

All in season sets of course.

James_M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
CHIPS
Batman Beyond
Ducktales
Superman: The animated series
Tiny Toon Adventures
The A Team
The Wonder Years

A bilingual Iron Chef is screaming for a DVD release.

Though I really think just sports game broadcasts are screaming for a release. I mean whole seasons and the really old ones. You should be able to turn a commentary on or off or change the angle.

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
I would like to see these shows on dvd,

The Cosby Show
The Fresh Prince Of Bell Air
Tour Of Duty
Murder She Wrote
The Nanny
Home Improvement
Millenium (First Season)
MacGyver
I Dream Of Jeani
Dad's Army
Ain't Half Hot Mum
Keeping Up Appearances
Hill Street Blues
In The Heat Of The Night
Buck Rogers
Life Goes On

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Hey, I don't know if anyone has suggested this, because I don't want to read every single post in this thread, but what about IN SEARCH OF... season box sets!
I was watching this show on The History Channel the other night. I'd forgotten what a good series it was. I was watching it with a friend. It was "In Search of the Abominable Snowman." The music still creeped both of us out after all these years!
In a re-enactment, a Himilayan climber had a feeling he was being watched, and he was scanning the landscape for something in the twilight, but all he could see was snow and boulders. It was almost dark, just a haze of light remaining. Suddenly, about 30 feet away, one of the boulders STOOD UP and ran off, with the synth music going, "Downg downg downg downg downg!" You remember how that music sounded. Me and my friend were both like, "Eeeeejh!" Creepier than anything I've seen in any recent horror movie, I'll tell you that.
Who owns the home video rights to this? Universal?

Frederic_A

Stunt Coordinator
How about these two underrated British classics:
Harry Enfield And Chums - Apparently not as successful as its pseudo-follow-up, The Fast Show, but comparable in its structure and type of humour, and just as funny
Lipstick On Your Collar The venerable Dennis Potter's last work, and Ewan McGregor's television debut. Stylish and a lot of fun. Plus it has some nice girls in it.

Stan Rozenfeld

Stunt Coordinator
I'd buy on DVD:

The Fugitive (the original one, of course!)
Mission Impossible
Smallville
Firefly (I hope it gets the full season!)
Night Stalker
The Odd Couple

Jodee

Screenwriter
I've got to mention Homefront the excellent short-lived ABC post-World War II drama that aired in the early 90's.
It was a great show that focused on several different families in a small town. It showed all the changes that happened after the war when the soldiers came home. Some of the women who had worked in the factories had to give up their jobs to the returning soldiers, one man came back with an Italian Jewish war bride (much to the chagrin of his rich parents and his high school sweetheart), etc. There was a black family on the show and it showed the racial inequities of the time period--the husband & wife both worked for the rich family in town and also had a son who was returning from war, who wasn't quite treated like the other returning heroes. The show was extremely well-written how it captured all these sociological changes while at the same time telling excellent stories that were often humorous and touching.
It was an excellent series-- my mom , sister and I all loved it. My mom especially, who lived through that time (and place--she grew up in Toledo near where the show was set). She said the attention to period detail was startling.
This show has seldom been seen on cable and I think would really get a new life on DVD.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Bob & Margaret

The Critic

Dr.Katz, Professional Therapist

Mark

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Stan Rozenfeld writes.......
I'd buy on DVD...
The Fugitive (the original one, of course!)
Stan has EXCELLENT taste! :D
We NEED The Fugitive on Digital Versatile Disc! It's required by law in order to survive.
The DVD world as we know it now is a vast barren wasteland without the Kimble/Gerard chases!
It's vital to the future of the planet (and in order to save Richard Kimble's hide) that all 120 episodes be transferred to DVD discs ASAP!
The choice is a simple one .... Give us The Fugitive (1963-1967) on DVD, or this Earth of yours will be reduced to a burned-out cinder! The choice rests with you.
:) :)

Darren_Fu

Stunt Coordinator
SMURFS SMURFS!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D
Papa Smurf would be proud of his little smurfs if they were on DVD!!:D :D :D
But anyway probably will never happen,
Now on to me rambling about N E
I really want every dang episode of Northern Exposure on DVD!!!!!! I thought I heard that one season was released a while back but it was only in one region. I wanna say Region 2 or Region 5 but no Region 1. I used to live in Alaska and they played this show all the time. I think I have seen every episode....it sure would be nice to see them all again.
My 2 cents
DWF

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I remember when I was very young a show called the Phoenix, and that I really liked it. Anybody remember this or know where I can find some info on it?

Also I would buy Magnum P.I. and Miami Vice.

Brandon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks