What's new

TV/Projector/Projection TV - Confused here (1 Viewer)

Eric Bass

Second Unit
Okay some of you may remeber some of my posts awhile back conerning my hunt for projectors. Well I eventually just put off the whole decision since money became rather scarce, well the money situation is looking better and I'm stuck once again trying to decide on what to replace my 27" tv with. Currently I'm looking at the following:
Toshiba 42H81
Hitachi 43VWX10
Mitsubishi 46809
Panasonic 47-49
Just wanted to run this by the HT Forum crowd since it seems any time I buy anything without doing so I learn after the fact I could have made a better choice :frowning:
So just curious if anyone has opinions on these and also if it'd be a mistake to go with the projection tv rather than a tube or front projector. Given my current situation it's looking a lot like these are going to be right about perfect size for the location I have the HT set up in right now.

Luis Gabriel Gerena

Second Unit
The asnwer is very simple...if you have the oportunity and correct environment to buy a Front Projector then it will be a HUGE mistake no to get one. FP is the only way to really get the home theater experience. BTW nothing personal about RPTV owners as I know that not everyone has the right room to get the most from a FP.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Even if you don't have the right room it doesn't take too much to make it into one. :)
I turned a third story apartment with vaulted ceilings and a skylight, plus two large sliding glass doors filling the room with light into a near pitch black room during high noon. Just get creative.
Nothing beats the feeling of watching a movie in your own true home theatre.

Luis Gabriel Gerena

Second Unit
Yes Jason you are right...the "right" room wasn't the correct term...I meant if you have the spare room then you should go for fp. I know you'll be very happy with that decision.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks