trouble w learning remotes

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric_L, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

I just bought a kameleon learning remote from Radio Shack. Trouble is, it is a slow learner. After several attempts (all of which are indicated as successful) I still am having trouble with it learning commands from my Kenwood receiver remote.

Is this a problem with ALL learning remotes, or just this brand? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Please help, I like the remote in all other respects.

2. RussKon

RussKon Stunt Coordinator

some learning remotes have problems with some components...i had a sony learning remote and it would not work with two of my separates...good thing best buy took it back....

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
  4. Atif.K

Atif.K Auditioning

just bought a kameleon ($59) too today and after some time was able to program all my components. You are right some commands it has trouble with but I don't thinks its particular to this remote only.

This is a nice sleek remote with overall all the buttons to run most components without difficulty. The price was right the features were right and I'm happy with it. I do wish it had been easier to program.

I programed Sony Svr 2000. Sony 36" XBR450, Sony c-700 Dream System, Generic Cable DescRAMBLER (FOR FREE pAY PER vIEW), mOTOROLLA dct2000 (DIGITAL cABLE), PANASONIC C72.