What's new

New Samsung 65S95B Oled and Logitech Harmony Elite (with Hub/blasters) - Can't learn remote codes (1 Viewer)

Just finished re-installing all my video gear (all in the cabinet) after getting my new S95B on the wall.

I have a Logitech Harmony Elite (with hub and blasters) that I use, as Blu-Ray, Yamaha receiver and Dishnet boxes are all behind glass.

The S95B is recognized by the Harmony program and it installed on the remote and hub. But!!! The commands do not function with the OLed. I used the program and remote to directly learn the codes from the original Samsung remote - and they still do not function on the Harmony.

Anyone have any solutions?

Attachments

• Installed.jpg
    Installed.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 39

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Are you certain the TV is receiving the signals? That the blaster is placed where the TV can see it?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I’m not sure you’re understanding my question.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It’s highly unlikely the remote doesn’t have the correct codes. It’s much more likely the way you have the Harmony set up isn’t letting the ir signal reach the TV’s sensor.

It’s highly unlikely the remote doesn’t have the correct codes. It’s much more likely the way you have the Harmony set up isn’t letting the ir signal reach the TV’s sensor.
I would not have thought that would be an issue. The hub and blasters are in the same place as they were with my Sony Bravia XBR-65X850D 4K flat screen. That said, in the morning, I will move the blaster out of the cabinet and place it on top of the entertainment center and see if that helps.

The only difference in gear is the new Samsung. S095B

UPDATE. This is why this forum is so valuable. Many thanks to JohnRice.

I pulled the Harmony Elite puck out of the cabinet and placed it on top. Worked!!

People actually KNOW stuff!!

Evidently the puck was just a tad further apart for the Samsung then with the Sony.

All is resolved and works just right.

On a side note. I was able to get the Samsung to talk to Google Nest, so at least I was able to control on/off with the Nest. But, since the BluRay, Yamaha and Dish are not Google compliant, Google could do nothing with that.

I salute you John for your patience and assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks