1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Any tricks for programming learning remote? Trouble w/ Samsung HLN617W

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Rich:Fi, Jul 19, 2003.

1. Rich:Fi

Rich:Fi Agent

I'm having mixed luck trying to program my 49TXi learning remote with keys from my Samsung HLN617W DLP TV. I’ve been able to program the volume and channel keys for the TV Control button. I am now trying to program all of the keys on the TV button. For example, I’m now trying to program the “channel +” button which I had previously programmed on the TV Control page but continue to get the NG (no good) code.

I have tried moving the Samsung remote control various distances and angles with no luck. I have programmed another remote’s code to the same key with success which seems to indicate there is additional capacity in the remote to learn more codes. I’ve only programmed (learned) about 15 codes so far. My biggest frustration is that the remote can learn the codes – just not with any degree of consistency.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help my 49TXi remote consistently learn the Samsung codes?

2. Jim_P

Jim_P Stunt Coordinator

Just a shot in the dark, but isn't there an issue with positioning of learning remotes to the transmitting (original) remote. That for some odd reason for certain learned functions to take, the distance between the two remotes have to be either closer or further away than other operations that you may have programed?

You might want to retry teaching the remote by moving it closer and if that doesn't work, further away.

3. Dennis_Pow

Dennis_Pow Auditioning

OBTW, how do you like that particular TV?

Dennis

4. Rich:Fi

Rich:Fi Agent

I love the TV - I couldn't be happier with my choice!

After further testing, it seems that I have in fact ran out of space which is why I’m getting the NG code. I’ve seen another post indicating that the 49TXi supposedly has a capacity of 271 items. I called Pioneer and they said that perhaps the codes from my Samsung SIR-T165 tuner and HLN617W DLP TV are longer than average resulting in running out of memory space quicker. I asked if there was a way to upgrade the memory and the customer service representative said there is no way to do this. I’m really bummed out as the remote is very functional and easy to use and could easily control all my equipment if it had enough memory. It’s a real shame Pioneer doesn’t find a way to improve upon it. That said, I still love my 49TXi receiver – I’ll just have to order a HTM MX-800 to run my system.