What's new

Toshiba 57H81 feedback. (1 Viewer)

Mike DeLuca

Auditioning
:emoji_thumbsup: Have had my set for about a week now and here's the feedback: Standard signals from cable input have a picture that at times look horrid. Mostly do to the signal and some from the upconversion to 540. A lot of grain that can be reduced with the contrast setting. Most of the time it's acceptable depending on the channel strength.
No notice at all of ghosts, ringing, vertical lines, faces of in-laws or anything else.
DVD from Toshiba 9100 is better than spectacular - I haven't ever viewed the 15 grand front projection, but I don't know how that could be much better. The picture is seemless with excellent color and detail. Excellent set - very happy.
Mike

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Poor quality from cable sources is common. The GIGO (Garbage In Garbage Out) principle applies. Cable/satellite is never going to look good on these large screens, I fear. Only if its HD.

/Jeff

SteveA

Supporting Actor
I'm surprised to hear about your cable TV picture quality. I recently got a 50H81 and was very pleasantly surprised at how good regular analog cable looks. Supposedly, the Toshiba HDTVs are among the best out there for analog sources. I certainly haven't been disappointed.

Mike DeLuca

Auditioning
Steve,

My cable signal fluctuates so much it's pitiful, even though I amplify the signal. I was relieved (so far) that I haven't seen any of the ghosts and multitude of other problems that I have read on line with all these HDTV's. Thanks for replying.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks