Onecall.com

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel DeLawter, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Daniel DeLawter

Daniel DeLawter Stunt Coordinator

I am considering getting a 57h81 Toshiba from Onecall.com (based on feedback from this site) I have already secured financing from their Credit card in order to get no payment, no interest for a year that they're are offering on Toshiba models before the end of the year. 10% off and free shipping to boot. Still waiting for the card, but my questions goes to those of you who have ordered a TV from them. Did you have to pay more for in-house delivery? About how much? How do they let you know what day the delivery will be? Thanks.

2. Jeff Loughridge

Jeff Loughridge Stunt Coordinator

My 57H81 was delivered two weeks ago yesterday, from Onecall. I wanted the in-home delivery too, but it was quite a bit more. I opted for curbside, and asked the driver to help me get it into the house. He did with no problem.

I mentioned it ultimately needed to go into the basement, and he was ready to get it down there, too. I didn't want it downstairs until after the burn in though, in case it needed to be replaced or serviced. I gave him $20.00 before he left for the extra help.

I made no mention of the cash when I asked, he just helped. It took all of 5 minutes to get it into the house.

3. Daniel DeLawter

I have five outside steps to go down and by my measurement, good clearance if they take it out of the box - how much more was white glove service - the last thing I want is to have them leave it at the curb and have me figure out how to get it in without destroying it. I may not get a nice driver, like you did...

4. Jeff_Strossner

Jeff_Strossner Auditioning

Daniel,

I ordered a Sony 57HW40 from OneCall last week. I paid the difference between regular(free) and white glove shipping ($60). It should be here first part of next week.

Jeff

5. Craig

Craig Second Unit

If inside delivery is available for $60 I'd jump on it. I've seen other websites that charge $100-$150 extra over curbside. The TVs roll and maneuver a lot easier than you'd think, but I don't think you'll get one down 5 steps by yourself.

Also, while they're easy to unbox, (if they're boxed like my Tosh was) you'll have to lift it off a styrofoam base before you can roll it, and that took two guys when they delivered mine.

6. Daniel DeLawter

Thanks for all your replies...

7. Jeff Loughridge

Jeff Loughridge Stunt Coordinator

In my case, Onecall said white glove delivery was about $150.00 more than curbside.

8. Mike PM

Mike PM Auditioning

You might want to think twice about letting the delivery guy help bring the TV into your house if you only paid for curbside drop off.
    He might be a nice guy and would appreciate any tip you would give him, BUT if something goes wrong and the set is damaged while he was 'helping' you, good luck in getting the situation rectified.
    The delivery company's insurance would not cover this 'unauthorized' extra service and you would be in the position of trying to recover damages from the delivery guy personally. Could cost him his job and you a LOT of grief.
    Better to pay the full tab or arrange a little party with some of your beefy buddies to give you a hand.
    Just my $.02
    [​IMG]