What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
My packages from Japan and Canada arrive in 1-3 days for their slowest (or only) shipping -- $7-9 but at least it has a huge benefit vs $8-10 from EU which takes 7-21 days and sometimes without even tracking. Generally faster than my Prime US packages

Generally one of the better 3D discs depending on the price. It's one of those 2 for 18 picks AmazonUk and Zavvi have regularly, but it you have a £5 used item I'd say get it. I think the 3D is better than the sequel which is still above average 3D

The Ralph 2 3D Japan disc has been confirmed by a couple EU posters as B friendly and I'll assume it's C-friendly too.

Thanks, I’ve picked it up for £4 from eBay new, hopefully Ralph is region free, I could let the parents watch it at mine on the projector but Dad likes his own seat as he suffers discomfort quite quickly now.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
I ordered last month SHAZAM from Zavvi, and tons from Amazon UK The difference between the two is one cent...I wonder which one I should order from?

Which goes down in price before release date?

I mainly stick with Amazon John just in case of any price reduction on release, another outlet I use here in the uk is Zoom, they use slightly better packaging than amazon. Strangely I get a 96p charge added for delivery with Zavvi so I’m not using them at the moment.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I mainly stick with Amazon John just in case of any price reduction on release, another outlet I use here in the uk is Zoom, they use slightly better packaging than amazon. Strangely I get a 96p charge added for delivery with Zavvi so I’m not using them at the moment.

Thanks Martin, just ordered it from Amazon UK! :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
From Amazon UK still waiting on my order of Aquaman, and The Last Jedi three weeks later
got this nice little note from Amazon--which wasn't an e-mail to inform me my package was late. I had to dig for this information!!!
Was expected by Friday, 26 April

We expected Asendia to deliver your package by now. This package didn't have a tracking ID.

The last time I ever deal with Amazon UK this is the second order I have had to wait nearly a month to get. They used to be so fast with the shipping from DHL--who the hell is Asendia?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
From Amazon UK still waiting on my order of Aquaman, and The Last Jedi three weeks later
got this nice little note from Amazon--which wasn't an e-mail to inform me my package was late. I had to dig for this information!!!
Was expected by Friday, 26 April

We expected Asendia to deliver your package by now. This package didn't have a tracking ID.

The last time I ever deal with Amazon UK this is the second order I have had to wait nearly a month to get. They used to be so fast with the shipping from DHL--who the hell is Asendia?
This doesn’t give me a warm and fuzzy. My Aquaman was shipped on 4/15 and the orders page says it will arrive this coming Thursday. That will be over 15 days and seems way to slow. Where did you find the Amazon note?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
This doesn’t give me a warm and fuzzy. My Aquaman was shipped on 4/15 and the orders page says it will arrive this coming Thursday. That will be over 15 days and seems way to slow. Where did you find the Amazon note?

I clicked on "my orders" and then went to track package. I was expecting it yesterday so when I got home from work and didn't see it on my steps I immediately thought porch pirate but no.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I will never, ever deal with Amazon UK again! From now on I am exclusively Amazon Japan.
The box art, and disc menu in Japanese may be an inconvenience, but they are amazing with their delivery speed.
My last order from them was placed on a Wednesday afternoon (late), and I received the package by Friday morning at 10:00. This has been my experience with them every time. Super fast shipping and care in packaging.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Just got done chatting, and yeah, never again.

You're now connected to Kannan from Amazon.co.uk
Kannan: Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk. My name is Kannan.

Am I chatting with Bryan?

Me: yes

Kannan: Hello Bryan.
Good evening.
I am sorry to know that you have not received your order yet. Certainly I will check and help you with this.
Thanks for your patience.

I have checked and see that your order is shipped with non traceable carrier. As the address in international, your order seems to be delayed in transit. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience has caused. In this case I will escalate this issue. So that this issue will be looked into and appropriate actions will be taken and such issues will be avoided in future. I see that the new maximum estimated delivery date for the order is Tuesday, 7 May 2019. I request you to wait till this date to receive the order. However this is just an estimated time, you will receive the order as soon as possible.
Please be assured, we take full responsibility for your orders until it reaches you safely.
As a token of apology for the delay caused, I will issue refund for delivery charges.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
My problem is that everything I order from Amazon.uk goes to my US postal box, (I ordered once to Canada and the parcel service charged me a price doubling fee), that I only access once every 2 weeks at the most, so I don’t know a package is late for some time.

Amazon.uk has been really good about sending out replacements and not charging for returns, so I do not really have any complaints except it can be slow. I have such a huge backlog, so I am never on tender hooks for an item to arrive.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
DHL is still the Amazon Priority Shipper for most packages. I don't think I've ever gotten DHL from normal shipping other than the disaster that was DHL Global experiment from 2013-2014 that lost about 1/3 of the US packages and took up to 8-10 weeks to deliver the rest. Amazon booted them for Asendia which seems to be 2-3 weeks on my average.

Standard Shipping is mostly Asendia which essentially replaced Royal Mail for most packages
Amazon Global Standard -- iparcel (UPS) and tracked. almost all my package 7-10 days delivered in the US by UPS or USPS. I rarely ever use Standard Shipping anymore especially for more than one item and while AGP is very fast, it's just too expensive for most of stuff I order from Europe.
Amazon Global Expedited seems to be Iparcel and I;m sure any faster than AGS

I have noticed weird shipping issues IF you do mixed preorder or backorder with currently available titles -- if the packages get split and you pay for upgraded shipping often only one package will get the upgraded shipping speed and rest will either go AGS or Std unless you figure out how to get the order to ship all at once.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I always use one of the Amazon Global options at the UK site. Packages so far are always iParcel and arrive within 7-10 days. I've never used the standard shipping option. Just received my Mortal Engines 3D from UK which took about 10 days from release.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I will never, ever deal with Amazon UK again! From now on I am exclusively Amazon Japan.
The box art, and disc menu in Japanese may be an inconvenience, but they are amazing with their delivery speed.
My last order from them was placed on a Wednesday afternoon (late), and I received the package by Friday morning at 10:00. This has been my experience with them every time. Super fast shipping and care in packaging.
What shipping method do you use and how much is it? Thanks.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Just finished watching Ralph breaks the internet, we enjoyed the film itself, I won’t give any spoilers. The 3D was pretty good, the usual kind of Disney Depth with a small scattering of fun pop outs, I thought a few scenes looked a little bit misty but that must have been intentional.

I hope you guys enjoy it!.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
THE DINO KING/SPECKLES,THE TARBOSAURUS/DINO KING AN AMAZING ADVENTURE FOR ALL AGES...whew.

My copy was Region B locked. Hey it was damn good. The 3D was excellent, colors were great and the audio was just right. I wish disney's audios were half this good. It's not for everyone, but I don't read reviews when I buy 3D, maybe I should have. But then, I would have missed out on a very good 3D movie.

If it didn't have the young child narration at the beginning, it would have been much better. Background scenes were live action, which really helped. All in all you'll be happy with the purchase, IMO. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:

91xQmYfbGsL._SY550_.jpg

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
THE DINO KING/SPECKLES,THE TARBOSAURUS/DINO KING AN AMAZING ADVENTURE FOR ALL AGES...whew.
I don’t understand. Are all those titles for the same movie? When I see “amazing adventure for all ages” I usually think crap, it’s a kids movie. How you describe Dino King/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soonercineaste
Recent bookmarks