What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
I've been seeing it more frequently over the last 6 months or so even with Amazon direct.

Sometimes it's a Red Herring though and the order goes through without a problem....

Thanks. Seems you're right about that. I just now successfully pre-ordered both titles at the UK site despite the "does not ship to United States" message on the product page. Got my order confirmation email, so seems good to go. Confusing though. May cause customers to give up a purchase before they try.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I live in Canada, but order many 3Ds from Britain to my US postal box. I have never had the problem with them saying they can’t deliver. I have pre-orders now for “Alita”, “Shazam”, “Captain Marvel”, and “Avengers Endgame”. “Mortal Engines” has “been dispatched”. (Occasionally, a 3Der will actually be made available for Amazon.ca. When this happens I cancel the British one and re-order in Canada)

Try calling them or conversing with them in text if you can. Their customer service is really good.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't have a clue how to size it properly and my printer is not as good as it should be!.

actually it prints almost perfectly as long as I send it to the printer Landscape so that the long side can use the whole standard piece of paper.

I guess you could download the picture onto a flash drive and take it to a printing station (right click the image and "Save Image As" ) -- does UK have a store like "Kinkos" where you can pay to have something semiprofessionally printed or pay for Copier Use? I think FedEx and Office stores can often do the same, ?? a Public Library though I've never seen mine with a good quality printer, just a decent high volume unit. I have a pack of glossy Brochure paper that works pretty well with my Epson Inkjet.

The insert is approx 5.81 in tall x 10.87 wide -- 147 x 276 mm if my numbers are correct, but anything close can probably be used

Thanks. Seems you're right about that. I just now successfully pre-ordered both titles at the UK site despite the "does not ship to United States" message on the product page. Got my order confirmation email, so seems good to go. Confusing though. May cause customers to give up a purchase before they try.

The other thing some have noted if using non slow shipping is that the higher speed shipping options are more expensive they they should be esp for steelbooks. It seems Amazon is estimating weights since they don't have an actual item and are being super conservative from their perspective leading to higher charges. These extra costs don't seem to be autocorrect once the actual weight is available so you have to contact them a couple weeks pre-shipment or manually "Change shipping speed." I think I changed to std and then back to one of the faster speed just to see what would happen and it worked fine.

Last edited:

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
I wouldn't have a clue how to size it properly and my printer is not as good as it should be!.
The image resolution is @ 300 Pixels/Inch, which I find prints an accurate size cover-insert (100%), using an inkjet printer. I just insert it over the original cover, keeping the original intact.:3dglasses:
3aut2dXUE1IqVASjALFxvhzhc4b3gJVZSxinCVTHVYUiRpoOCdp6XwpGt3vhfWp_De8ZdcCF3YtTNP9MhRvdmecxXyOxVJaNOGwllHZOafqymAolLmNehe66OPEFXU57wbsSoCTIEqzrHeoMHpu3ArXSQqpPeyRDw-POb4oDFQ1aNtEnWpdjaeNrFlXqxwS0Ly6pbErz32OLAgnhjLobmx47TmJah4lVu76KF-6XtsG-jgA4unM7o8uRJS7dIFEGSYUzruvC49Nu4I_ABgmLBGPm0VrvAWI0mBXR1DvG-BTMeNtCMLOtddyeqb62UHlLEJx4BKmUD87yNcGblu9DCm8KrmpPSDweaX7h1drfC4U5bWq5dPqHLxoDBxO1zjNMhL5pIjqoj2mvk6jQUigH1gFWDf2zzckHkeZSfmoPTmZ4WLkC-G6WAR4BcYxmmBJzH-0o_TysHpp77FgdbwxEj5FTGEkgQ01aZzTZuNY43_FwHYBXwDlhT3p8XFNhZ2Hkn_x_1EFA77A2luvTmjCbYeMKj3mEqkOMcwsKZW56P19hXClQD8rQV4x3my92-6htvuXoZNxCj9Hxu9xBW67PfYThV2ZQa5NzJQnapZciH9F-YlEmtJJCjMgTL6HpzzIbF6L9n4MXP4sTov1D6yznA_q2qPme4w=w1778-h1956-no

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
The image resolution is @ 300 Pixels/Inch, which I find prints an accurate size cover-insert (100%), using an inkjet printer. I just insert it over the original cover, keeping the original intact.:3dglasses:
3aut2dXUE1IqVASjALFxvhzhc4b3gJVZSxinCVTHVYUiRpoOCdp6XwpGt3vhfWp_De8ZdcCF3YtTNP9MhRvdmecxXyOxVJaNOGwllHZOafqymAolLmNehe66OPEFXU57wbsSoCTIEqzrHeoMHpu3ArXSQqpPeyRDw-POb4oDFQ1aNtEnWpdjaeNrFlXqxwS0Ly6pbErz32OLAgnhjLobmx47TmJah4lVu76KF-6XtsG-jgA4unM7o8uRJS7dIFEGSYUzruvC49Nu4I_ABgmLBGPm0VrvAWI0mBXR1DvG-BTMeNtCMLOtddyeqb62UHlLEJx4BKmUD87yNcGblu9DCm8KrmpPSDweaX7h1drfC4U5bWq5dPqHLxoDBxO1zjNMhL5pIjqoj2mvk6jQUigH1gFWDf2zzckHkeZSfmoPTmZ4WLkC-G6WAR4BcYxmmBJzH-0o_TysHpp77FgdbwxEj5FTGEkgQ01aZzTZuNY43_FwHYBXwDlhT3p8XFNhZ2Hkn_x_1EFA77A2luvTmjCbYeMKj3mEqkOMcwsKZW56P19hXClQD8rQV4x3my92-6htvuXoZNxCj9Hxu9xBW67PfYThV2ZQa5NzJQnapZciH9F-YlEmtJJCjMgTL6HpzzIbF6L9n4MXP4sTov1D6yznA_q2qPme4w=w1778-h1956-no
Thanks Paul, I have a cheap Epson printer XP-422 I think. What type of paper are you using ?.
Cheers.

vinnie7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
I have thought about it but just can't justify spending $64 on the latest PIXAR release. 4K is lost on animation, I've found, and the 3D is not stupendous enough to fork over that kid of coin.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
I have thought about it but just can't justify spending $64 on the latest PIXAR release. 4K is lost on animation, I've found, and the 3D is not stupendous enough to fork over that kid of coin.

I know what your saying, although I bought Hotel Transylvania 3 on 4k uhd blu ray and it did look rather good. Obviously of it was available in 3D I would of bought that.

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
yeah, it's so cheap at the uk. I only have 1 right now that I can't play, The BFG region B. I think I got that one for the 3D combo with atmos sound. I'm waiting for 4K/3D all region players to drop a bit. $400 is so much.

but THANKS EVERYBODY!
4K can’t do 3D yet so you won’t have anything to watch. I imagine when 4K 3D discs come out they’ll be expensive if you consider how expensive 4K are in comparison to Blu Ray.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Jaws is right. I sure meant 4k and 3d both but not together at the same time. I think everybody was thinking that was the next step but... stumble!! :( I'll be happy if they would just make it so 3d can be adjusted more finely. but the way everybody talk every projector and screen system is so far above LEDs. i can't wait to try one out.

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
OLED Passive perfected the 3D experience. I'd be happy with any size. I'm glad for my 65" LG OLED with 3D which I'm babying to make it last.

Case in point: a few pages back someone called Blade Runner 2045 a "snooze fest." I'd seen it once in theater in 3D and loved it, enough to buy both 4K Atmos and 3D releases. Since we hadn't seen it "flat" we tried the 4K with Atmos. I couldn't get beyond 15 minutes, it was dull and drab and boring, not like we remembered. Prompted by the "snooze fest" comment, I finally unwrapped the 3D Blu Ray of BR 2045, and it is a different movie. What seemed slow and drab in 2D, was rich and fascinating in 3D. The composition of scenes come alive, in ways that don't work in 2D: rain on windows, characters seen in partial blur a bit behind the glass at another plane of depth behind, and even some characters (holograms) translucent with background scenery visible through their bodies at near or far depths behind that - scenes like that are especially well suited to 3D and don't even translate to a 2D frame.

The fine detail brought out by the OLED in 3D, and clear contrast due to true black, make me feel art films like this will be lost if we don't get new 3D TVs like the last couple generations of OLED that display it so well.

This film is no snooze fest - it is captivating, but only in 3D. Another film that looses it's essence without 3D for me is Avatar. But Blade Runner 2045 is even more dependent on the 3rd dimension. It is slow paced but seen in 3D it is beautiful, rich with depth and creative imagery that the sometimes translucent object or lonely character suspended in mist, sand, or white wall virtually null backgrounds really work well in 3D. I didn't miss the Atmos, the unique soundtrack worked well in Dolby 5.1, but it needs 3D.

Can you tell, I just finished watching moments ago. What an experience! And what a difference! Hang in there, my 3D OLED, these movies need you!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Note that much of the last batch Amazon sent out were still Old Stock with the uncorrected disc that they must have stashed and hidden from Universal in September. Maybe they finally saw the light, but definitely check if you order

Otherwise -- this is another Walmart Price match for folks that would rather their luck elsewhere
Is there a UPC code I can check?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is there a UPC code I can check?

To search for the item?
UPC 191329065020

UPC to distinguish the new vs original? Not by a simple search since the UPC of the corrected and original sets are the same, Visually you can distinguish b/c the sets with corrected disc have an add on UPC sticker with 00022 suffix/superscript placed over the original. There were some pictures in one of the Creature threads, but I'm not sure which thread

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks