What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
If Alice in Wonderland is Region B, it won't be a concern since my all-region player does 3D. But it surely would matter to others so I'm glad you have warned potential buyers.

Disney didn't send me the 3D version to review, only the 2D, so even though it's a conversion, I'm eager to see what it loos like. From the Disney 3D Sampler disc, it looked worth having.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Just ordered these. Looking forward to some great 3D.

Thanks Ron!

upload_2018-3-12_16-54-52.png

upload_2018-3-12_16-55-27.png

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Best Buy has them for $9.99 each. They have 29 3D titles for $9.99 each. San Andreas also.

They do, but as a store pickup...no store within 250 miles of where I live has a copy...and that's So Cal. I called and asked and their response was, "They usually sell out with minutes of them going on sale...SORRY!" F*** them!

vinnie7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
^Free shipping if you spend $35. ;) That's the only benefit of Amazon now (and only with Prime).

San Andreas for $10 is showing at Amazon now, just OOS.

EDIT: I see In The Heart of the Sea is not shipping like many of the others in the $10 range at BB. That is lame.

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
DESPICABLE ME 2 is one hellava fun animated movie. To me, it's better than the original. The 3D is in every shot, no flat spots observed.

Even the beginning menu, throughout the movie and the ending is jam packed with POP-OUTS. I just love the way they make everything come out of frame...I was popping bubbles, I tell ya!

I have to say these guys love 3D and they centered their movie around it. I have to go back and watch all the extras on the BD.

Can't wait to buy DESPICABLE ME 3.

AAAAAA+++++ :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Watch the trailer for THE GRINCH that's coming out from the the same group...it's 2D and looks almost 3D!

Last edited:

Lutz Koch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lutz
Disney didn't send me the 3D version to review, only the 2D, so even though it's a conversion, I'm eager to see what it loos like. From the Disney 3D Sampler disc, it looked worth having.

AIW is definitely a keeper, I don't know how many times I've watched it, I like it that much. Though the first part of the movie, where Alice goes to a garden party with her mom to meet the guy she's supposed to marry, looks curiously flat (at least to me it does), as soon as Alice drops through the rabbit hole the 3D really starts to shine and never lets up. I guess the introductory scenes are intentionally lackluster to make a sharp contrast between the real world and Wonderland.
The sequel is equally good, with maybe even better 3D IMHO.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
AIW is definitely a keeper, I don't know how many times I've watched it, I like it that much. Though the first part of the movie, where Alice goes to a garden party with her mom to meet the guy she's supposed to marry, looks curiously flat (at least to me it does), as soon as Alice drops through the rabbit hole the 3D really starts to shine and never lets up. I guess the introductory scenes are intentionally lackluster to make a sharp contrast between the real world and Wonderland.
The sequel is equally good, with maybe even better 3D IMHO.
Thanks for sharing your opinions. Disney didn't even SEND Alice Through the Looking Glass for me to review! (I finally saw it on Netflix.) I thought that might have been a telling gesture on their part as to the movie's quality and worth. It was certainly nowhere near the success at the box-office that the first one was.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Went to my BB to pick up my JUSTICE LEAGUE and I asked it they had anymore 3Ders, nope they said.

Read a post on another site a couple of hours ago and he said some BB have standees with all the films. So, I went to another city, and they had the standee with all the movies. So, I picked up EDGE OF TOMORROW, IN THE HEART OF THE SEA AND JUPITER ASCENDING!!! :3dglasses::dance:

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Went to my BB to pick up my JUSTICE LEAGUE and I asked it they had anymore 3Ders, nope they said.

Read a post on another site a couple of hours ago and he said some BB have standees with all the films. So, I went to another city, and they had the standee with all the movies. So, I picked up EDGE OF TOMORROW, IN THE HEART OF THE NIGHT AND JUPITER ASCENDING!!! :3dglasses::dance:
I think you mean The Heart Of The OCEAN(Duh...SEA..too much Titanic on the brain!)

Jupiter has great 3D but is one of the WORST films ever made imo. Have fun watching that one!:D

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
DESPICABLE ME 2 is one hellava fun animated movie. To me, it's better than the original. The 3D is in every shot, no flat spots observed.

Even the beginning menu, throughout the movie and the ending is jam packed with POP-OUTS. I just love the way they make everything come out of frame...I was popping bubbles, I tell ya!

I have to say these guys love 3D and they centered their movie around it. I have to go back and watch all the extras on the BD.

Can't wait to buy DESPICABLE ME 3.

AAAAAA+++++ :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Watch the trailer for THE GRINCH that's coming out from the the same group...it's 2D and looks almost 3D!

I like the first two despicables John, have you got nWaves Thunder and the house of magic (The house of magic in the uk) ?. That has fantastic 3D, also Boss baby and Sing, bright colourful animations with great 3D ;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
With so much less 3D offerings to choose from, I was very happy to be finally able to watch a new 3D release this evening.

THOR RAGNAROK was fantastic! The 3D was pretty damn good. Lots of subtle pop-outs throughout, which is something not really seen in new releases anymore.

Seems like we are winding down this format. The next film on my horizon is THE LAST JEDI, which I also had to import. After that, who knows what lies ahead. Unfortunately, the pickings are getting slimmer and slimmer.

Just wanted to give a high recommendation for THOR. If you want an exceptional 3D release, this is it!

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I like the first two despicables John, have you got nWaves Thunder and the house of magic (The house of magic in the uk) ?. That has fantastic 3D, also Boss baby and Sing, bright colourful animations with great 3D ;)

Martin, the people that did DESPICABLE ME also did THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS and SING, so I'll be getting those next.

I have EVEREST, FRIGHT NIGHT, A MONSTER IN PARIS, HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA 1 & 2 and GREEN LANTERN from Amazon UK. (hoping the titles are all correct) :rolleyes: :3dglasses:

vinnie7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
Ms. Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children is goofy in a typical Tim Burton over-the-top death infatuation kinda' way but with an impressive 3D presentation. The carnival fight had me laughing.

Ron, other new 3D disc releases inbound are Jumanji, Coco (though released in at least one territory), and eventually Black Panther. There's also the possibility that Ready Player One and Tomb Raider will be given the 3D treatment.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
If Alice in Wonderland is Region B, it won't be a concern since my all-region player does 3D. But it surely would matter to others so I'm glad you have warned potential buyers.

I have both and the 3D does look good on the Disney 3D Sampler disc, not so much on disc with the complete movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks