What's new

The West Wing 5/15 (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Well, it looks like next week could be interesting...I can't believe the season is almost over.

Do I discern from the previews for the season finale that...

...James Brolin is going to play opposition candidate Ritchie, and that Lily Tomlin is going to play the new Executive Secretary?

This show just gets better! Now show me the DVD's and air it in HDTV next season!

- Steve

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
Well, I definitely saw Lily Tomlin.

I agree the show seems to be better than ever right now. It's more relaxed and believable, and there are still plenty of funny and quotable lines.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
You know, even though the Mark Harmon appearances reek of the NBC 75th anniversary positioning of old stars in new shows, I am hoping that he sticks around after his job is done. Let's see some sparks fly with C.J.! :)
- Steve

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, James Brolin is going to play Ritchie.
There was a blurb about this somewhere, and Drudge picked it up. Seems he was amused, considering who he's married to:)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A solid episode, with some interestng new storylines. I particularly like the CJ and Secret-Service guy thread. But I'm a little annoyed by the Josh & Amy bit. I don't understand what they heck she's doing; nor do I not understand why Josh didn't drop her like a bad habit after the phone-detruction behavior.
But I'm looking forward to seeing Sam put on his angry-eyes and dish out some serious schoolin' :D

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
I'm with you, Dave. Five years ago, if you had said that I'd be watching a tv show eagerly anticipating an episode where Rob Lowe 'opens up a can' I'd have said you're crazy. Yet here I am!
The exchange between CJ and Harmon's character was hysterical throughout!
SS: "You could use our gym."
CJ: "You guys have a gym?"
SS: "You know, we have to run alongside moving cars!"
Not to mention the other things they have to do! :)
Then when CJ sees the gun range, she says something similar. "You guys have a gun range?" DUH! But I think this was all intentional to make CJ start to show signs of flirting.
CJ: "But you shot five times. How come there are only three holes?"
SS: "You said three dead center."
...damn...
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

And the exchange between Leo and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs...wow. "We are are at war and I have something to kill." Egad...
Next week should be chock full o' fun!

Micah Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
This show is constantly the most anticipated show of my viewing week. I truly enjoy the smart dialog and character development. I wish the season was much longer...

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
nor do I not understand why Josh didn't drop her like a bad habit after the phone-detruction behavior
She's a tiger in the sack? :D
The bit with the recoil knocking CJ over was funny. But I was wondering: she took her headphony-things (must be a better term for them, it's not like you plug 'em into your stereo) after the first shot, and he never wore them. Good idea? OK on occasion?
//Ken

Bryan Acevedo

Second Unit
I have to agree about the writing. My wife and I love the relationship between the President and his aide. They always have witty comments for each other. And actually all of the characters have great writing!

And the romance between CJ and her guard was obvious. The first episode with him is when they asked CJ if she had an ex-boyfriend that would threaten her, and she said it had been a while since she had a boyfriend. I knew right there that they were setting up a romance for her. I really like the banter back and forth between them, especially last night with the whole "running beside cars" and the gun range scene.

Next week should be a great show!

Bryan

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Looking forward to another cliffhanger next week. :)
Regarding Josh and Amy...I think Josh's dressing down by the President was meant to set up a breakup between J&A. Both are very strong-willed and Josh will figure out that his priorities lie with the Administration and not his girlfriend. I don't expect to see Mary Louise-Parker back next year playing Amy. Having recently won a Tony award, I assume she is getting several film and stage offers and likely would prefer not to get involved in a weekly series. That said, I wish they'd keep her around because she's hot. :D
I'm eager to see how Bartlett fights with his moral beliefs in regards to the possible assassination of the foreign defense minister/terrorist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks