What's new

The War of the Worlds (1953) possible Blu-ray release? (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Imprint-Website-Banner-Full-Page.jpg

(and I know there's a mistake there, as Waterloo has been released in Germany).
What was it region free oh, I think that's what the thing from their imprint label is is it its worldwide region free

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
This is a nice package they are offering.

View attachment 68981

I don’t see in their site any information on region coding though? I’m not sure if it was confirmed if this is region locked or region free? Maybe I missed the post that says it.

View attachment 68980
Ladies and gentlemen:

I have received the following email this morning from ViaVision regarding the upcoming Blu-ray releases of Sorry, Wrong Number, The War of the Worlds, Waterloo, and, The Duelists.

Hello Nick,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The Imprint Blu Rays will be playable on Canadian players.

The Imprint website will be going live in the next few days at the below address where you can find more information and order links – please note the address will load as “not found” in the interim and will become available to view once the site goes live.

www.imprintfilms.com.au

now this is just a guess, but i assume that our neighbors in the "" have region A blu ray players

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
By the way, I looked at the extras for this movie and "Sorry, Wrong Number". There is little doubt in my mind that both titles will come out in the States this year. I see that Alan Rode and Eddie Muller of the Film Noir Foundation did some bonus work on the "Sorry, Wrong Number" release which tells me it's coming here too.

If it does, I hope it’s announced before the release date of this version.

We’ve been down this road before - when the digital was announced. There was a lot of speculation that a disc release would be tied to that too. With Paramount, it’s a believe it only when you see it.

Real Name
Eric Bodnar
I remember that Paramount - quite unexpectedly - is releasing KING CREOLE (1958) in a few weeks. This is their first catalog release in I don't know how long. Maybe, just maybe, Paramount is testing the waters for future releases.

mark-edk

Second Unit
Yup, so maybe some of my little Paramount wants list will be released before too long:

Catch-22
The Greatest Show On Earth
Li'l Abner
The President's Analyst
Paint Your Wagon
In Harm's Way
Heaven Can Wait
& a few others...

FYI I got Greatest Show a few days ago for $4.99 on iTunes. I think the price has gone back up but i checked In Harm’s Way (one of my top faves) and it’s still $4.99,

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
FYI I got Greatest Show a few days ago for $4.99 on iTunes. I think the price has gone back up but i checked In Harm’s Way (one of my top faves) and it’s still $4.99,
Some of us aren't into digital downloads/streaming and want only physical discs which might be the case with Billy.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan

I have both of those on my Tivo, recorded from HD broadcasts, but I will have to get into this streaming lark before too long. I don't know why Paramount are still hanging on to their John Wayne films, I'd think there'd be healthy sales there.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
There seems to be a minor snafu with ordering from ViaVision. As I reported in a previous email from one Grant Taylor at ViaVision, these discs are supposed to be 'region free'. Today, I received an email from someone named 'Ryan' who informed me that if I wish to proceed with my order my credit card will be charged immediately. I think that's more than a little ridiculous, considering NONE of these title will ship until the middle of May.

Also, ViaVision is offering a discounted 'bundle' which will include all of the imprint titles for only $150. The individuals retail for $34.99 each, so there is a minor savings to be had. Also, shipping to Canada is $60. I fail to see why shipping to the US is only $20 and there is an extra $40 for us Canucks. Where I live I can literally see Detroit Michigan outside my window. So, shipping rates really shouldn't vary THAT much! Anyway, just passing along further info for the rest of our readership. Best to all.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
There seems to be a minor snafu with ordering from ViaVision. As I reported in a previous email from one Grant Taylor at ViaVision, these discs are supposed to be 'region free'. Today, I received an email from someone named 'Ryan' who informed me that if I wish to proceed with my order my credit card will be charged immediately. I think that's more than a little ridiculous, considering NONE of these title will ship until the middle of May.

Also, ViaVision is offering a discounted 'bundle' which will include all of the imprint titles for only $150. The individuals retail for $34.99 each, so there is a minor savings to be had. Also, shipping to Canada is $60. I fail to see why shipping to the US is only $20 and there is an extra $40 for us Canucks. Where I live I can literally see Detroit Michigan outside my window. So, shipping rates really shouldn't vary THAT much! Anyway, just passing along further info for the rest of our readership. Best to all.

The reverse is true too - at least it used to be when Amazon outlets everywhere could ship to Oz (only Amazon US ships into Oz now - with caveats).

The US shipping rates into Oz used to be a fraction of the cost of the same article shipping from Canada - even though it was Amazon in both cases. Never understood the reason for that. I never ordered anything from Amazon.ca precisely for those inflated shipping costs.

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Great packaging but why on earth are Paramount so opposed to a BD global physical release as this title will always sell more than enough to cover the printing costs & they did a 4K transfer years ago!

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Great packaging but why on earth are Paramount so opposed to a BD global physical release as this title will always sell more than enough to cover the printing costs & they did a 4K transfer years ago!
At this point, most of the big studios feel it's not worth the effort to release titles that are only going to sell a few thousand copies. The annoying thing with Paramount is that not only were they unwilling to release titles themselves, they were also unwilling to licence them out to third party distributors who were interested them.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Go to JB HiFi (https://www.jbhifi.com.au/) for the 1953 War of the Worlds when this is closer to its Australian release date.
As other people have noted (but seem to be constantly ignored), JB's postage rate to the States is much much cheaper than the prices cited here from ViaVision, and probably cheaper than from Madman.
You could check right now by taking a look at any of their blu rays and going from the order procedure, just long enough to see the postal bill. You'll be pleasantly surprised. Also, JB usually offfers good purchase discounts.

JoeBond

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joseph Myers
Bought the iTunes 4k version for $5 last night.

a new era has begun for me. If you can’t beat them join them.

I like doing both. I trust physical more but there are good digital deals to be had especially if a title won't get a Blu-ray release. Great picture quality on this one!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who orders these whether or not Imprint charge CC's the day of the order, or the day when they are shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks