What's new

The War of the Worlds (1953) possible Blu-ray release? (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads up that War of the Worlds is on sale price at the iTunes Store. I’d already bought the iTunes version last year, but I figured I could check other titles and as suggested by others to wait, I found that When Worlds Collide is also $4.99, so its downloading now. I really hope both of these tiles make it to blu ray. They are like a double feature for me.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Thanks for the heads up that War of the Worlds is on sale price at the iTunes Store. I’d already bought the iTunes version last year, but I figured I could check other titles and as suggested by others to wait, I found that When Worlds Collide is also $4.99, so its downloading now. I really hope both of these tiles make it to blu ray. They are like a double feature for me.

I’ve never seen when worlds collide!!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Osato,

When Worlds Collide is another George Pal production. It’s been a favorite since I was a kid seeing it on TV. If you really liked War of the Worlds and Pal’s version of The Time Machine, you might like it too.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I ordered WOTW from Sanity.com.au. Shipping was cheaper, and they removed GST (tax).
My card will be charged at ship time

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Osato,

When Worlds Collide is another George Pal production. It’s been a favorite since I was a kid seeing it on TV. If you really liked War of the Worlds and Pal’s version of The Time Machine, you might like it too.
I actually like When Worlds Collide way more than The War of the World. And Destination Moon is better than both in my book. All of them are great, though.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan

I understand that When Worlds Collide is also down for a Blu-ray release from this company. This from Blu-ray.com: "Kim Newman and Barry Forshaw have recorded an audio commentary for When Worlds Collide for Imprint."

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Osato,

Ah, the good ol’ days when you could design and build a rocket ship for a 100 people and it works the first time. :P I just watched WWC, from TCM I think, and boy was that is a very white world they are going to repopulate.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
JB Hi-Fi - Australia

Preorders to VV Imprint release now active.
Seems to be good prices on individual releases $30AUD (Waterloo 35) + 8.50 shipping, but as JB has an issue with each additional preorder titles add another 8.50 to shipping so to preorder all 5 makes the shipping $45 like at VV.

Around $20-22 for a single item at current exchange rates once you factor the approx 10% GST refund you can request after the charge posts.

If you want all 5 of the items then the price is around $200AUD shipped (minus GST refund later). At least JB shouldn't charge you until after shipment.

VV Direct price as a Bundle is around $200AUD shipped and I don't think they refund GST

Sanity deducts GST upfront and has an additional 10% code (message in the general IMPRINT thread) so $180 for all 5 items so even with higher individual prices it's actually a little cheaper to order all 5 through them. Sanity also has a preorder guarantee so it their price drops before release day then they should give you the lower price. I don't think they Price Match other stores though

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Ordered the blu from Sanity, but it may not ship when it's available. Got this email today:

"Due to COVID-19 and following an announcement by Australia Post, we are at this point unable to ship to your country. This is not a decision that was made by us; it has been made by the Australian Government."

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Ordered the blu from Sanity, but it may not ship when it's available. Got this email today:

"Due to COVID-19 and following an announcement by Australia Post, we are at this point unable to ship to your country. This is not a decision that was made by us; it has been made by the Australian Government."

that’s too bad.

I watched the iTunes version in 4K the other night. I’ve never seen it look so good!!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Yeah, I just yesterday ordered WOTW and ORDINARY PEOPLE. I guess I'll cancel and try the Deep Discount route, although I've never been a big fan of DD.

Last edited:

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
I can't seem to find anyplace that says whether THE WAR OF THE WORLDS has subtitles. Could someone
let me know, please? Many thanks in advance!

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
I can't seem to find anyplace that says whether THE WAR OF THE WORLDS has subtitles. Could someone
let me know, please? Many thanks in advance!
As far as I know there are no English sub-titles. The only one of these new releases from Via which has English sub-titles is : I Married a Monster from Outer Space.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
War of the Worlds and the other upcoming IMPRINT items are listed at Deep Discount for a hair under $30 each.
There is also a 15% off SHOWERS code for the next few days so $25.40+ tax ea with Free Shipping.

With the uncertainty in ordering from any of the AUS retailers this seems like a nice option and a pretty good price. I have order a few AUS items from DD in the past without problem, but I guess all shipping internationally whether to Individuals or Companies might be a bit tenuous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks