What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Collection Press Release: The Mask of Fu Manchu (1932) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
433856174_833673088798373_7679139500708391712_n.jpg

Coming to Blu-ray from the Warner Archive Collection on May 7th!

New 1080p HD master from 4K scan of best preservation elements.

THE MASK OF FU MANCHU (1932)
BD-50
B&W
Running Time-68 Minutes
Aspect Ratio 16x9 1.37:1 with side mattes
Audio Format: DTS HD MA 2.0
Subtitles: English SDH

Special features: Commentary by Film Historian Greg Mank, Classic Cartoons "FREDDY THE FRESHMAN" (HD) and "THE QUEEN WAS IN THE PARLOR "(HD)

Cast: Boris Karloff, Myrna Loy, Lewis Stone, Karen Morley
Boris Karloff takes one his most celebrated cinematics turn as the diabolical fiend Dr. Fu Manchu, and Myrna Loy plays his exotic daughter in this 1932 cult horror classic. This time, the evil Fu Manchu patiently awaits the discovery of Genghis Khan’s tomb. For he is certain that possession of Khan’s mask and sword will enable him to rule the East and lead it to victory over the hated Western world. When British scientists in the Gobi Desert discover the tomb, Fu captures and tortures them in his elaborate Torture Garden, hoping they will take him to the treasure he craves. But an unexpected traitor has other plans for the doctor. Based on Sax Rohmer’s original story “The Mask of Fu Manchu” is “fast moving and humorous” (Halliwell’s Film Guide) and full of pre-code suspense! The film is presented in its original, uncut theatrical release version as first seen in 1932.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D1K5WGS3/ref=sr_1_1?crid=4W8UYJGVZHYK&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.4407xWne3yNqoPkYVRwAxg.VPibQaMKbwe8w2eASWs761knW-R2tWsK6k9IveLFS9I&dib_tag=se&keywords=mask+of+fu+manchu+blu+ray&qid=1712933244&s=movies-tv&sprefix=the+mask+of++blu-ray,movies-tv,87&sr=1-1

Last edited:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'm pretty sure that the DVD was the full version as well. A much wanted title. I was wondering if political correctness would prove to be awkward for this title, but when Tarzan The Ape Man was released, I started to think that it might happen. Hopefully we'll get The Teahouse Of The August Moon (1956) soon. Anyway, lots of camp fun.

Last edited:

Broomy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
Looking forward to this one. MGM pre code horror with some HD merrie Melodie’s thrown in for good measure. What’s not to like?!

Richard M S

Screenwriter
I'm pretty sure that the DVD was the full version as well. A much wanted title. I was wondering if political correctness would prove to be awkward for this title, but when Tarzan The Ape Man was released, I started to think that it might happen. Hopefully we'll get The Teahouse Of The August Moon (1956) soon. Anyway, lots of camp fun.

The DVD and laser disc also contained the 68 minute "full" version. The VHS had the shorter version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks