What's new

The Simpson's... (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I mean, the stuff with Marge and Homer fooling around with Bart in the room
I believe it went more like this: Homer takes what's left of Mr. Burns' pocket fox aphrodisiac and races home and takes Marge to bed. Cut to afterglow. Marge turns to Homer and says something like 'that was so good, I hope we didn't wake the kids.' Cut to Bart and Lisa in their own beds looking horrified, then cutting to Ned next door going "Wow."

I was so surprised by this I literally fell out of my seat laughing (the only time I laughed during the episode). Without this bit of surprising frankness, I'm afraid the episode was not only pedestrian but any of the potential good laugh bits were shown in the promos.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Can we expect another bump on Dec. 9th (or whenever the next new episode is on) so that we can be reminded, in case we've forgotten, that the show still sucks?

Oh well, at least it's not a brand new thread every week as in past seasons.

I wonder how many of the show's loyal viewers tune in week after week just to prove themselves correct about the show's ability to continue sucking. Hell, you guys are probably keeping it on the air!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the Simpsons last night. It's the first episode in a long time that has actually followed a coherent plot, instead of just jumping from joke setup to joke setup.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The Simpsons evading a vengeful mob made up of PBS and Betty White (!)

Homer growing a tomato that tastes like cigarettes.
Pffft. Homer running away from PBS and Betty White was the best (and funniest) part of that whole entire episode.

Also, the Homer growing a tomato that tastes like cigarettes was the best episode of Season Eleven (IMO, it would rank up with lots of classic episodes from earlier seasons). I don't ever remember me laughing so much at a particular Simpsons's episode in a while.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I completely agree with Matthew - those two are among the funniest latter-era episodes I've seen (and I guess I've seen em all).

And are you talking about the "Funzo" episode when you refer to the Gary Coleman cameo? That is one of the funniest episode of all time!

Joel C

Screenwriter
Personally, I think the last two episodes have been great all around. I loved the Mr. Burn's story!

And remember, all the episodes we've seen so far are season 12 holdovers, exec produced by Mike Scully. The Al Jean season 13 episodes should start soon.

Ike

Screenwriter
David,

In the first episode of the season, when Bart and Homer were connected at the wrist, Homer tried to make love to Marge with Bart on the floor. They didn't, and Bart and Homer got in a fight.

Don Black

Screenwriter
The tribute to George Harrison was a nice touch too. Seeing his cartoon persona made me smile.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The last episode was pretty good and had that classic Simpsons comedy. I think it made up for the bad episodes of this season.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Quote:

The tribute to George Harrison was a nice touch too. Seeing his cartoon persona made me smile.

------------------

It was great of them to place that tribute in at last minute. Of course, the image came from his guest appearance on the Be-Sharps episode. They did the same for Phil Hartman and Linda McCartney.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
It was great of them to place that tribute in at last minute.
A very quick turnaround on that, I must say, since the Harrison dedication was placed in the episode in time for it to be fed out on satellite at 8:30am (eastern) Saturday morning, less than 24 hours after the news was released.

As far as the quality of the episodes, I've watched the Simpsons as often as possible for several years, and I've always enjoyed the show. I have laughed pretty hard at the last two episodes. I do tend to like surreal and broad comedy, so perhaps that's why I still like to watch...

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Last night's episode, "Hunka Hunka Burns In Love", had more 'laugh-out-loud' bits than I can recall in recent seasons. Great episode!! :laugh:
Burns: Her 'excellent' was...ex-cellent!

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
Can we expect another bump on Dec. 9th (or whenever the next new episode is on) so that we can be reminded, in case we've forgotten, that the show still sucks?
Oh well, at least it's not a brand new thread every week as in past seasons.
Yes, I thought I would reuse this thread instead of starting a new one (hello Patrick ;)).
I thought the last episode was better but still on the 'sucky' side.
Of course I am holding current episodes up to the Simpson's standard which is very high indeed.
If the series were to end today they would have a great many episodes to be proud of and would qualify for one of the best comedies ever.
I will continue to watch it loyally - unlike the X-Files which I have bailed on.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'm probably one of the only Simpson fans who gets confused as to what episode belongs to what season. But the PBS episode was pretty funny. There's something about Mr. Rogers running down the street saying, "It's a beautiful day to KICK YOUR ASS!!!".

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
In the first episode of the season, when Bart and Homer were connected at the wrist, Homer tried to make love to Marge with Bart on the floor. They didn't, and Bart and Homer got in a fight.
Ah, thanks for the sort out. It wasn't clear in the first message. I've been tuning out lately as The Weakest Link is usually on at the same time. With the cast of Third Watch on WL last night, I decided to watch the Burns/Simpson sexathon. I apparently haven't missed much this season, judging from this thread. I did watch this year's Treehouse of Horror, and aside from Slithers eating Burns and the vomiting frog-prince thingy, it was horrible... and so I haven't been back since.

Bring on more Simpsons DVDs!!

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
December 9, 2001

Yup, guess this is the best thread to use.

I'm waiting to start up the "The Simpsons...Doesn't Suck" thread just as soon as it comes to pass.

Actually, it wasn't a terrible episode but it still wasn't classic Simpsons quality. And 10 years from now I won't consider it a classic.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
December 16, 2001.

I'm losing count. Is this 4 for 4 now?

Yuck, what a stinkeroo...

It's frustrating. They are so close yet they just can't seem to get it together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks