What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
When Cecil B. DeMille returned to Paramount Pictures – the studio he helped to build in the 1910’s and 1920’s – in 1932, he was at a career crossroads. His last two pictures for MGM, Madam Satan (1930) and The Squaw Man (1931), had bombed out at the box office and he was in danger of becoming increasingly irrelevant; the Paramount studios were facing a crisis of their own – the company was in danger of going belly up due to the Great Depression. However, The Sign of the Cross – a return to the territory that DeMille had made his best pictures – would prove to be the proverbial spark to the flame that would reverse the fortunes of both the studio and its director. Released on home video by Universal (the current rights holder), Kino has given the movie its Blu-ray debut.

The Sign of the Cross (1932)

Released: 10 Feb 1933
Rated: Not Rated
Runtime: 108 min

Director: Cecil B. DeMille...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I think it's great that we're getting all these old DeMille films on Blu-ray, & looking so good too. They're great fun, I have imported them from America, Germany & France, & later this month I'll be buying The Plainsman (1936) from Germany (an all regions release from Universal). My favourite is Unconquered (1947), available from Germany, France & Spain (most of these DeMille films are available in Spain, genuine releases from Universal).

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I think it's great that we're getting all these old DeMille films on Blu-ray, & looking so good too. They're great fun, I have imported them from America, Germany & France, & later this month I'll be buying The Plainsman (1936) from Germany (an all regions release from Universal). My favourite is Unconquered (1947), available from Germany, France & Spain (most of these DeMille films are available in Spain, genuine releases from Universal).
Read this stunning article detailing the making of the film! https://brightlightsfilm.com/wickedest-movie-world-cecil-b-demille-made-sign-cross/#.YfcZtepKjrc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks