What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
The first Asian-American actress to achieve stardom in Hollywood, Anna May Wong made a memorable impression in the 1920’s in films like The Toll of the Sea (1922), The Thief of Bagdad (1924) and Peter Pan (also 1924). However, a lack of non-stereotypical roles in Hollywood led Wong to depart for Britain where she achieved greater success on both stage and screen, notably with Piccadilly (1929). Paramount Pictures took notice and brought Wong back to America on a contract; there she would make some of her best films – including Daughter of the Dragon (1931) and Shanghai Express (1932) – especially at the end of the 1930’s in several B-movies which gave her a chance to play non-stereotypical leads. Kino has assembled three of those films – Dangerous to Know, Island of Lost Men & King of Chinatown – in this set for their Blu-ray debut.

King of Chinatown (1939)

Released: 17 Mar 1939
Rated: Passed
Runtime: 57 min...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
OK, I spotted the problem and got it fixed: for whatever reason, I had forgotten to type the "review" in the summary that allows all of you to see the complete review.

Anyway, now it's fixed and it should be just fine. Let me know if anything else needs to be fixed.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Thanks for this review. I might buy this box-set as a result. By the way, I had the same problem earlier as other people.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks