What's new

The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series - 11/4/14 (1 Viewer)

jetskier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
Richard Gallagher said:
The advertised price clearly is not a typographical error, because it shows the correct MSRP and it correctly shows that the advertised price is 84% off the MSRP. The fact that they know the correct MSRP also would seem to rule out an "error in pricing information" from suppliers.
I could have sworn that when I saw the $129.95 MSRP (and) the 84% off, the D. D. listing also said "Blu-Ray", so I didn't order it knowing that they would surely say: "no Blu-ray release - no sale".

Richard, could you check your confirmation e-mail from D. D. ?

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
rmw650 said:
Jimmyjet, I've been getting and dealing with the same issues with Best Buy sending me all these crazy e-mails with adjusted dates on them for my pre-orders...just ignore or delete them as it's a glitch in their system and hoping those goofs get it taken care of once and for all.
i will be extremely surprised if i get either the bb or dd orders. i do think the rest of you guys who have orders at amazon stand at least a decent chance, if not better, of getting yours.

but i figured it couldnt hurt.

and if i get a bunch of sets, i will simply make money selling them off when the prices go up.

otherwise, i will just wait to get it when the prices stabilize.

it is a show i will get, but not excited to have.

i think i will buy almost any old show, even if i dont think i am too fond of it - simply because there may be some reason i want it in the future.

and if i dont own it, i will be s... out of luck.

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
jimmyjet said:
i will be extremely surprised if i get either the bb or dd orders. i do think the rest of you guys who have orders at amazon stand at least a decent chance, if not better, of getting yours.

but i figured it couldnt hurt.

and if i get a bunch of sets, i will simply make money selling them off when the prices go up.

otherwise, i will just wait to get it when the prices stabilize.

it is a show i will get, but not excited to have.

i think i will buy almost any old show, even if i dont think i am too fond of it - simply because there may be some reason i want it in the future.

and if i dont own it, i will be s... out of luck.
I feel that way too because I videotaped them all off TV land when they showed them uncut (those were the days!) in the 1990's, but I here there were a few episodes that were not syndicated and I will be excited to see those.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
jetskier said:
I could have sworn that when I saw the $129.95 MSRP (and) the 84% off, the D. D. listing also said "Blu-Ray", so I didn't order it knowing that they would surely say: "no Blu-ray release - no sale".

Richard, could you check your confirmation e-mail from D. D. ?
The screen capture of the listing says DVD. The order has not been cancelled.

Bilko Deep Discount.PNG

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
chas speed said:
I feel that way too because I videotaped them all off TV land when they showed them uncut (those were the days!) in the 1990's, but I here there were a few episodes that were not syndicated and I will be excited to see those.
it seems like no matter what show i am hearing discussed - syndication never seems to include all the episodes !!

never really thought about it.

but i think in general, unless one actually saw the original airings, there are probably some episodes that one has never seen on re-runs.

jetskier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
Richard Gallagher said:
The screen capture of the listing says DVD. The order has not been cancelled.

attachicon.gif
Bilko Deep Discount.PNG
Wow!, I think you have 'em where they can't "jump" :laugh: , you lucky son-of-a-gun. Thanks for replying.

If they do slither out of the deal, let us know because I might know of a website where I think the owner of D. D. posts about music and I'll give him hell. Of course, I'll need to do some homework first, to make sure what I'm assuming is true.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
CD Universe now has the Complete Series of this show listed at $15.99 for the "BLU-RAY" which as far as we know isn't scheduled for release. What's going on with this release? How can so many sites get it wrong? It may be a glitch on Shout Factory 's end . Incidentally , I don't expect CD Universe to honor this price . When they catch their mistake,. they will list it on "back order" for a while, then cancel the order.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I've read that Deep Discount has a tradition of arbitrarily canceling pre-orders that are over 30 days old which may be their way out of this one. I hope of the three of my orders at three different retailers, one of them comes through.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Professor Echo said:
I've read that Deep Discount has a tradition of arbitrarily canceling pre-orders that are over 30 days old which may be their way out of this one. I hope of the three of my orders at three different retailers, one of them comes through.
I think that's true. They did just that with one of my Twilight Time Blu-ray orders.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
jetskier said:
Wow!, I think you have 'em where they can't "jump" :laugh: , you lucky son-of-a-gun. Thanks for replying.

If they do slither out of the deal, let us know because I might know of a website where I think the owner of D. D. posts about music and I'll give him hell. Of course, I'll need to do some homework first, to make sure what I'm assuming is true.
note that it says extra shipping charges apply - but they dont say how much !!!!

jetskier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
JoeDoakes said:
This is spam, isn't it.
No Ray, it isn't. I have absolutely no affiliation with Blowit... at all. I just noticed that of the e-tailers I check regularly, they currently seem to have the lowest price (excluding those with the listing mistakes). I have ordered from them several times in the past and have been pleased with their service.

This company used to be (I think), a wholesaler named AEC, also in Florida, who would sell to individuals and small retailers with low quantity buying needs and give them a decent price.

Now as the internet company: "Blowitoutahere", their CD prices are usually better than their DVD prices, from the ones I've price-checked with them. However, in the case of Sgt. Bilko, their DVD price is the lowest. If anyone knows of a lower price (excluding the listing mistakes), let us know.....please!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^Blowitoutahere fixed their price. AFAIK the current lowest price is from Family Video for $13.99 w/$1.99 shipping for a $15.98 total. The issue with them is a $19.93 MSRP and the UPC, 883476145617, is one that's been used on several sites for *both* the Bilko set and a title called "Ardennes Fury" from Asylum(?). The release date is correct as is the rest of the listing other than the run time. But IMHO the UPC makes ordering a bit chancy. Michael's Movie Mahem verifies the UPC is for "Ardennes Fury" on BR.

**EDIT**
Family Video has corrected their listing - at least as far as the product name although everything else is still the Bilko info. That link now goes to "Ardennes Fury" with a search for Bilko showing the appropriate price for that product.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Family Video was quick to cancel an order I placed last Black Friday that had a pricing mistake. Without any explanation at all. So probably not your best bet, but worth a try.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
BEST BUY wrote today and canceled my order, saying it was a "pricing error."

Still have orders in at Amazon.CA and DeepDiscount. Hope one of those comes through!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks