What's new

The Official HTF Cat Thread (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Has it really been just two years ago (to the date) that this evil imp came into my life and took it over? The shelter said he was a stray wandering the streets when they picked him up. When he adopted me, he was 3 years old (or so the shelter claimed) which makes him 5 now so Happy Birthday/Anniversary, Poirot!
May be an image of cat and indoor

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Has it really been just two years ago (to the date) that this evil imp came into my life and took it over? The shelter said he was a stray wandering the streets when they picked him up. When he adopted me, he was 3 years old (or so the shelter claimed) which makes him 5 now so Happy Birthday/Anniversary, Poirot!
May be an image of cat and indoor
Is Poirot an Agatha Christie fan?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Is Poirot an Agatha Christie fan?
I'm betting he has a cute little moustache that's hidden by the color of his dark fur. :D

This guy has some white, so you can see his:

1614877427411.png

Maybe as Poirot ages, it'll turn white:

1614877477127.png

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Checking the mail this morning, I found a bunch of feathers scattered all across my porch. I think there may have been an "incident". I don't have any felines, but there are a couple in the neighborhood that visit on occasion. Perhaps Poirot should investigate this mystery. 🔍

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Checking the mail this morning, I found a bunch of feathers scattered all across my porch. I think there may have been an "incident". I don't have any felines, but there are a couple in the neighborhood that visit on occasion. Perhaps Poirot should investigate this mystery. 🔍
Alas, I fear Poirot is sympathetic to the suspects. ;) The ending to this case may resemble the ending to Murder On The Orient Express!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I have apparently lost one of my three cats-- Sally supposedly being the one I've lost. As I understand it, a female with the same colorings (black and white) chased her down to our neighbor's pool, and they fought, and Sally fell in our neighbor's pool and couldn't get out (this is just what I've heard; I may be incorrect-- if I am correct, though, and it was Sally, I will be sad that she's gone, but I will always have the memories of raising her).

Also, all that said, I'm down to Harry and Wilma now, I believe.

ETA: turns out that Sally is not dead-- that female cat prowling my area who had the same colorings was actually the one who drowned, as I hear it.

Last edited:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I don't know what to do.

The cat I've talked about that moved inside my house in January 2020 after striking up a friendship, which was near death in November 2019 from the weather, now is back "home".

I bought her a heated cat bed that month and set up a house for her on my porch out of the wind. She basically lived there until the middle of January 2020 when it was -20 out and she decided she was moving in, under her own power and by her choice, into my home. She never asked to leave and quickly became as big of a friend with my other cats as she already was with me.

The neighbors, her "family", didn't miss her. No questions were ever inquired if I had seen this neglected cat. Fast forward to a few minutes ago and the husband/boyfriend/whatever took it upon himself to open my gate, go into my fenced backyard, and retrieve a kid's toy lost over the fence. In the process, Kitten as we called her was in a rear window looking outside and he sees her.

Suddenly the cat that they couldn't care less about, never went looking for when she'd spend weeks inside my front porch out of the wind and snow, and never sought an answer as to why they weren't seeing her anymore, was critical to return.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Don’t return her. They surrendered her by their neglect and silence. They’re irritated because they think you have their property, yet they treated as just another thing to be tossed aside. They’ve lost their rights to her. Don’t hesitate to bring up the trespassing if they push the matter.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
He's a cop and was extremely persistent and wasn't backing down, and I'm not a well practiced liar.

I told him she ran under a bed and was real timid around strangers, and asked if a picture was okay. Was going to find a lookalike online, but he wasn't having anything to do with it.

My fence gate is going to be kept locked now, that window will be blocked off, and as soon as she hopefully gets out and tries to come back home, I'm going to let her back in and if he dares visit again, I'm not backing off this time.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sorry to hear of the drama.

I don't think you needed to make up a story. Just lay it out as it happened: they didn't care about the cat, left the cat out in the freezing cold for extended periods, and she made the decision to live with you when you provided a warm place to stay.

If she returns to your home and they want to press the issue, I'd get the local animal control/humane society involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks