What's new

**** The official "Curb your Enthusiasm" discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
To the contrary, I though last night's show was brilliant. I thought the comedy was a bit more cerebral than other episodes. I loved the scene where Larry was running down the street and he couldn't help himself, he had to wave to the Prius driver. Priceless.

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
I really enjoyed this episode for one reason. The thing about putting the condom on wrong actually happened to a good friend of mine the first time he had sex. As soon as that scene was over I called him to see if he had seen it and sure enough he had.

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
I thought it was by far the best of the season. Oscar taking off after Larry had me LOL.

Other great bits were when Wandering Bear told Susie that she didn't have to swear because she's "better than that" and Larry saying "no she's not". Oscar immediately taking off after larry was great, too.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i actually bought into the condom bit because a similar thing happened to a friend of mine.
this particular condom was "dual-layered". the idea was you put on both layers, then slide off the outer layer. i gave one to my buddy who didn't know any better and kept on both layers.
:laugh:
another great ep.
btw, does (or did) larry david always write the ep's himself?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Larry was running down the street and he couldn't help himself, he had to wave to the Prius driver. Priceless.
I'm still laughing when I think about that. The horror in his run combined with the friendly wave. Too funny :laugh:
How about Wandering Bears remark after Larry scolded him for asking Cheryl about her vagina: (something like) "If she went to the Dr., not only will he ask her about her vagina, but he'll look at it as well" :D
p.s. The great thing about this show (like Seinfeld) is whenever you see a "random" thing happen (like the wave to the Prius driver), no matter how random it seems, you just KNOW there's a reason for it and that there's going to be a pay-off for that 'random' thing in the end. :D

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
:D Yeah, that had me laughing too, and that he was pretending not to know about it when ordering. :D
Another thing that made me laugh was when Larry's secretary told him about her breakup, and his eyes justr glazed over until he saw the candy on the desk and interrupted her to talk about that. Her summing up what her chores for the day were was great too: "So you want me to lie, and then buy some candy for your car." :D

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
re: dual layered condoms.
i don't exactly remember now. i think it was like there was this lubricant between the two layers. the idea was you put it on, clamped down, then pulled off the outer layer. heck, i never even used it myself. i just gave it to my friend.
his reply when we figured out what happened was something like, "how the f**k, in the heat of the moment, is anybody gonna stop to read directions". pretty good point -- which larry also made! :laugh:
watched it again last night. loved the part where cheryl was asking about her palm pilot and the only thing larry could do was try to hurry her out of the room so he could order the video - the look of consternation on his face was awesome. too funny....

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Actually, this was probably my favorite episode this season. My wife was particularly tickled every time Cheryl's problem was addressed, especially her reaction to Wandering Bear's asking her about it.

When Larry pulled out that condom, for his assistant's boyfriend, I ROARED with laughter as I did when he helped the chef in last season's finale.

This episode I will enjoy over and over for years.

C

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
March 7 episode - "The Survivor"

Not a consistent laugh riot like some other shows, but what worked was absolutely hilarious.

The exchange between the true Survivor (Holocaust) and the contestent on the TV Survivor was a priceless and brilliant way of showing how superficial reality TV really is. Probably one of the top moments of the entire series.

It's hard to make jokes about 9-11, but the rabbi's brother in law storyline was a gentle poke at those who inappropriately milk the "9-11 card".

By contrast, I thought the whole subplot of the cleaning woman and Larry was weak as was the ending of the episode after the earthquake.

Looking forward to next week's finale.

Steve

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
My favorite bits were when the Rabbi sanctioned Larry's "anniversary gift" and used Biblical quotations as precedent.
And then when Larry had to pause to consider whether he wanted to have sex or keep talking about the dry cleaning. :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gina's accent was terrible at the hotel doorway. The hole-ion-the-sheet bit was funny.

Colby's rant and trying to one up the Holocaust survivor was hysterical (I'll probably go to hell for my laughter at that scene).

At times, I really can't stand Cheryl's inflexibility, she comes across so shrill.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
The "Survivor" debate was so freaking funny and will go down as one of the funniest scenes in CYE. "I wore out my sneakers and I had to walk around in Flip-Flops!"

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
After watching the repeat I caught a few more funny lines (it's amazing things I notice the second time around).

One of my favorites was after the limo ride when they're all with the Rabbi discussing the ceremony and the various Jewish phrases that will be used, Paul Dooley (Cheryl's dad) says something like "Can't we just say 'Yippee'". I about fell over laughing at that one.

The line Travis quoted directly above I think was the best. Close behind was Colby's line about being stuck with flip-flops.

It's too bad the season has to end next week. All 9 shows so far have been brilliant.

Steve

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Okay...season finale...loved it until the "grand finale" of The Producers at the end. I was HUGELY disappointed in how it ended. The fact that it ended on such a positive note goes against everything this show stands for. I know there was that hiccup in the middle when Larry forgot his lines, but it was really cheesy how he came out of it, in fact everything about the last 15 minutes of the episode was cheesy. Even the Seinfeld appearance was cheesy.

The scene with Larry running after the mugger (and then the mugger running after Larry) was priceless.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
This wasn't your typical episode by any means.
Scott was right on the money about the cheesy Seinfeld cameo.
Still I really enjoyed the payoff of this whole plot line for the season: Mel Brooks was deliberately trying to sabatoge his show by casting Larry David. The scenes between Mel and Anne Bancroft celebrating getting their life back were priceless.
My wife and I both fell out of our chairs when the tourist put the hex on Larry "YOU....WILL.....FAIL " Classic Larry David stuff there.
As far as the ending, I thought after Larry took his curtain call we'd see a shot of him running out to take advantage of that one hour he had left to collect his present!
Steve

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Still I really enjoyed the payoff of this whole plot line for the season: Mel Brooks was deliberately trying to sabatoge his show by casting Larry David.
I liked the sabotage idea as well...I just didn't like the payoff/outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks