What's new

**** The official "Curb your Enthusiasm" discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
My wife and I both fell out of our chairs when the tourist put the hex on Larry "YOU....WILL.....FAIL " Classic Larry David stuff there.
I couldn't put my finger on that guy at first. That guy is the dork from the GM Goodwrench commercials that are on now. "Where can I find Mr. Goodwrench" "How can he find the time for all that training...blah blah..."

I also like the "cameo" by the lady who plays the "cooch" dancer from Carnivale. She played the fellatio teacher.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
^That 'dork' is Daily Show correspondent Stephen Colbert.

The fact that it ended on such a positive note goes against everything this show stands for.
Well I would argue that it ended on a poor note for Mel. And while I liked the twist about the how Larry was cast to ruin the play, and the subsequent homage to the film, I think it went on a BIT too long

Otherwise I enjoyed the episode, more so then the new Sopranos.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
The only bad thing about this episode is it's the last one of the season.
We have a long wait until we see anything new. :frowning:

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
I enjoyed the last 10-15 minutes.

Instead of Max and Leo celebrating the flop, it was Mel and Anne. For the most part, word-for-word dialogue from The Producers movie.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I thought this was a good ending. It just goes to show how Larry always screws things up. This time it was for Mel. Larry can never do anything right!

A few comments though. The scene on the plane with Jeff was identical to the Seinfeld scene with Putty on the plane where neither do anything but just sit there. Just a re-hash of old material. I know there was another Seinfeld bit in this episode, but I can't recall.

who was the other guy at the bar with Mel and Anne?

PeteyG

Stunt Coordinator
The scene in the Mexican Restaurant was priceless.

"You still have some napkin on your head"

Classic Larry!!!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The scene on the plane with Jeff was identical to the Seinfeld scene with Putty on the plane where neither do anything but just sit there. Just a re-hash of old material. I know there was another Seinfeld bit in this episode, but I can't recall.
Just like the whole "Tip" thing which already done (almost exactly) from the Christmas episode.
I thought the first 30 minutes were good and classic CYE, but the last half hour was just bad. The acting from the "extras" was down right HORRID. The scenes with the audience members (i.e. Jerry) weren't acted well enough and seemed so out of place.
Speaking of Seinfeld, the whole thing with putting everyone in the audience reminded me of the last episode of Seinfeld when they brought everyone back for cameos.
Also, what was with Larry peeing during the turbulance? I thought they'd pay this off later, but didn't.
Again, the first half :emoji_thumbsup: The last half :thumbsdown:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I laughed really hard at the "Jeff just sits there for 5 hours on the plane" and "Larry trying to pee during the turbullence", and Jeff's comment about "putting on the Bush mask...". The rest was okay.

Too bad we didn't find out if Larry's final hour was successful before his booty call window closed on him.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I didn't get to see last night's show, but I happened to be walking by the St. James Theatre last July while HBO was filming a scene for this episode. At first I didn't know what was going on, and I was very puzzled when I looked at the poster outside the theatre with Larry David and David Schimmer in it instead of the real actors who were appearing in the show at that time. I was puzzled because only the night before I had been to see The Producers in that very theater. I thought to myself...whoa! Did they already change the actors for Bialystock and Bloom since I saw the show last night? Anyway, it finally dawned on me that it was all simply a setup for "Curb Your Enhusiasm".
Gee, that was eight months ago. It's amazing the timespan between when a show is filmed and when it airs.
Link Removed

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I was also dissapointed in the Season Finale, there was some very funny stuff but it dragged in too many areas throughout the show. Sad to say, I almost was going to hit my TiVo FF button. I didn't like the 'tip' scene, the 'watch' scene, the Seinfeld cameo, or how Larry got out of the bomb.

The hot sauce scene was freaking funny. Larry had 3 excellent chances to get laid but he screwed them all up.

I was hoping that Larry wasn't going to screw up the play at all but I am glad he pulled it off somewhat.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
Also, what was with Larry peeing during the turbulance?
man, that was hilarious! i was laughin' my arse off ... but probably cuz i could relate. :D
some of it worked...some of it didn't. perhaps he could have tightened it up a little.
the watch and tipping thing didn't do anything for me - that's for sure. the part where the gal mentions what hot sauce does ... and then seeing larry *pour* on the hot sauce was awesome.
overall, a decent ep, but not one of the best.
is the season really over already? :frowning:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
man, that was hilarious! i was laughin' my arse off ... but probably cuz i could relate
It was funny, but I thought there was going to be a pay-off to it. In the next scene, it shows him getting out off the car and I thought maybe he'd have a big pee stain on his pants or the blue water, etc.

Since he was just talking about the OCD about being clean, I thought he might be walking around with some stain and the woman (with the OCD) would start doubting Larry's claim of having OCD because he wasn't worried about being dirty.

Michael J K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
So, does anyone think he cashed in on the Anniversary Present? I think that he probably didn't. He screwed it up too many times already!

Also, I loved Jeff's reply to Larry after he couldn't "seal the deal" backstage before the show. "I would have f---ed her with a Bush mask on!" Classic Jeff.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
watched it again last night. forgot about the whole dude showing the hotel room scene.
"so this is a floor...i stand on it."
"okay, it's kinda complex, but i think i got it".
:laugh:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The local sport radio station (790 The Zone) replayed the entire bit of the guy working extra hard for the tip after showing Larry all of the obvious things of the hotel room. Classic stuff!

Frank_M

Stunt Coordinator
Someone will need to confirm this by watching the movie... but I'm pretty sure that much of the dialog was straight from the film.. AS were some of the facial expressions from the audience.

I think, in fact, that Seinfeld's part was as direct mimic of a shot in the film, as was that one where the woman was sitting there with her mouth agape.

I could be wrong, but that's how I took it... and I really thought that was great.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
So, does anyone think he cashed in on the Anniversary Present? I think that he probably didn't.
Me too, if it didn't happen throughout the year, I couldn't imagine it happening in the last hour...but I did like Larry's optimism when he signalled "One more hour" to Cheryl. :D Like he was all confident that he could do it. :laugh:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"The Producers" will be playing in Atlanta for a week in April. I was surprise to hear this. I'm almost tempted to try to buy tickets for this after seeing this season finale.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
The Producers was out here in Los Angeles several months back with Jason Alexander and Martin Short(is it still them?) and I really thought about going but I wouldn't be able to find one person that would of gone.

The Bell Hop scene was very funny, "That's a window right? A go up to it and look out it." Pretty funny.

No way could Larry get laid in 1 hour with no prospects, he has zero game and when he falls ass backwards into sex he still screws it up. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks