What's new

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 11 (1 Viewer)

Ken H

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken
‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Back for 11th Season

1593546744837.png

HBO said that Larry David and Curb Your Enthusiasm will be returning for an 11th season.

David has had a loose approach on when the show will end, so renewals are often a surprise, along with when a new season will begin. David, a co-creator of Seinfeld, has been stung by criticism over how that sitcom ended.

“Believe me, I’m as upset about this as you are. One day I can only hope that HBO will come to their senses and grant me the cancellation I so richly deserve,” David said in the announcement.

Curb debuted on HBO in 2001 and 110 episodes have been aired.

HBO parent AT&T recently launched HBO Max. HBO original series are one of the anchors of HBO Max.

“This past season tapped into the zeitgeist in such an uncomfortably delightful way,” said Amy Gravitt, executive VP of programming at HBO. “Larry is already busy writing, and we can’t wait to see what he has in store.”

Curb Your Enthusiasm was created by Larry David; executive producers, Larry David, Jeff Garlin, Jeff Schaffer, Gavin Polone; co-executive producer, Laura Streicher; consulting producer, Jon Hayman.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Just heard Jeff Garlin on Kyle Brandt's podcast, and they of course talked Curb.

They're currently filming (7 episodes so far in the can), and the new season should be out in the fall, or certainly before the end of the year. Jeff can't spill the beans on what the new season will be about, but he did mention something that is a bit spoilery:

He said that other than the first episode, they don't address the COVID-pandemic. So it basically will be a post-COVID world where the season will take place. I guess that makes sense, since you can only do so many jokes about people wearing or not wearing masks/social distancing.

Which sounds like a smart move to me -- it would be like making a whole season about Larry wearing the MAGA-hat.

Ken H

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken
Even the teaser is funny. Just the music cracks me up.

I vote for Larry scolding the un-masked, un-vaxed, etc.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
11x01 The Five-Foot Fence

For whatever reason Larry bumping into the glass was the biggest laugh for me.

The ending was unusual, it did not end with a gag.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So good to have this show back.

I was a late bloomer when it came to watching CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM. I actually only started watching it a little over a year ago and binge-watched all 10 seasons within a few weeks.

Suffice to say, it is one of my favorites.

Very happy with the first episode of this season. As always, the inclusion of forgotten celebrities is always appreciated. That's not an insult toward Albert Brooks, but I haven't seen much of him in the past few years though he may actually be promoting one of his movies/shows on Amazon Prime within that episode.

Of course, my favorite actor is Ceaser himself, J.B. Smoove, who was so incredible since his introduction in Season Five that he became Larry David's sidekick for the rest of the series.

Excellent start to the season. Looking forward to seeing where this "extortion" of a casting choice goes...

WillG

Senior HTF Member
So good to have this show back.

I was a late bloomer when it came to watching CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM. I actually only started watching it a little over a year ago and binge-watched all 10 seasons within a few weeks.

Suffice to say, it is one of my favorites.

Very happy with the first episode of this season. As always, the inclusion of forgotten celebrities is always appreciated. That's not an insult toward Albert Brooks, but I haven't seen much of him in the past few years though he may actually be promoting one of his movies/shows on Amazon Prime within that episode.

Of course, my favorite actor is Ceaser himself, J.B. Smoove, who was so incredible since his introduction in Season Five that he became Larry David's sidekick for the rest of the series.

Excellent start to the season. Looking forward to seeing where this "extortion" of a casting choice goes...

I wonder where Richard Lewis was

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks