What's new

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 11 (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Have to admit in today's climate I was pretty surprised where they went with this episode. Love that LD just doesn't seem to give a shit.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
11x04 The Watermelon

Saw it on release, did not know what to say. Did they pass the line? I don't know. My inclination is they did. What did happen? He was buddy-buddy with KKK. Wanted to do the right thing for them. Also, to ask them personally to help him at the end. It would have been funny for him not to give a shit in helping, using KKK.

Again, don't know maybe I should watch it again.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
It seems like this episode was treating familiar ground. I couldn’t help but be reminded of the episode where Larry befriends the registered sex offender that moves into his neighborhood. And I know Larry fixates on a lot of petty stuff, but I kind of thought the pirates booty thing went slightly into the ridiculous even for Larry. There was some good mining of humor in the Black people self conscious about eating watermelon. It also kind of amazes me that Larry can convince celebrities to play themselves as total douchebags. I get self deprecation to a point, but sometimes it’s like “if so and so is even 25% like that in real life”

I was wondering if the Klan guy was the same guy on the motorcycle last season when Larry was going around wearing the MAGA hat. Anyone know?

Last edited:

WillG

Senior HTF Member
11x04 The Watermelon

Saw it on release, did not know what to say. Did they pass the line? I don't know. My inclination is they did. What did happen? He was buddy-buddy with KKK. Wanted to do the right thing for them. Also, to ask them personally to help him at the end. It would have been funny for him not to give a shit in helping, using KKK.

Again, don't know maybe I should watch it again.

I tend to disagree. If Larry had just said fuck off to the guy, there would be no humor in that, because it would just be what we would expect. The idea of Larry having a sort of alliance with the guy is uncomfortable, but humor is often uncomfortable. It’s not like the guy doesn’t get his comeuppance in the end anyway

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
And I know Larry fixates on a lot of petty stuff, but I kind of thought the pirates booty thing went slightly into the ridiculous even for Larry.
What does it say about me that I find that a perfectly reasonable thing to judge someone over. :laugh:

Plus, it was funny to have everyone saying something stupid like "Pirate's Booty" over and over.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
SamT, have you not seen Curb before?

This is pretty typical stuff for the Larry David character.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
What does it say about me that I find that a perfectly reasonable thing to judge someone over. :laugh:

Plus, it was funny to have everyone saying something stupid like "Pirate's Booty" over and over.
I agree. As far as the petty stuff Larry fixates on, this one was WAY down the ridiculousness scale and it is totally something I would question if my significant other (or anyone) did that.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thought this was one of the funniest episodes of CURB I have seen in a while.

Paraphrasing...

I need you to make a robe for a man
What kind of man?
A Klansman

“It’s kind of a robe. Like a sheet-y kind of thing”

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
sinewy /ˈsɪnjuːi/
adjective
consisting of or resembling sinews.

sinew /ˈsɪnjuː/
noun
a piece of tough fibrous tissue uniting muscle to bone; a tendon or ligament.

11x05 IRASSHAIMASE!

How did that guy learn all those secrets to reveal them to the restaurant personnel at the end?

Last edited:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Oh right. I forgot he dated her. Then why she got mad at Larry and leave him?

Last edited:

WillG

Senior HTF Member
A few posts back I wondered how IRL douchey some of the celebs on curb really are. Judging by some recent news Seth really seems like the genuine article

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
11x07 Irma Kostroski

Loved the voting subplot. I think they missed a great opportunity. It would have been much funnier if the guy went back and voted, and Larry really was the cause. Not to mention how relevant it would have been on the importance of voting.

What was Larry doing with Irma Kostroski? I didn’t get it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
11x07 Irma Kostroski

Loved the voting subplot. I think they missed a great opportunity. It would have been much funnier if the guy went back and voted, and Larry really was the cause. Not to mention how relevant it would have been on the importance of voting.
There's nothing in the show to suggest this but I assumed that the guy did go back and vote. That probably shows my distrust of people more than anything intended by the show though. :laugh:

What was Larry doing with Irma Kostroski? I didn’t get it.
I assume he's plotting to have her change the law so he's not on the hook for the guy drowning in his pool and then he can fire the girl off his TV show without consequence. However, I don't think changing the law now would have an effect on what happened before the law changed so the plan will, as usual, backfire on good ole LD.

I loved the scene with Richard Lewis as you could tell that Larry was actually laughing when he said "Why don't you just die?"

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
11x08 What Have I Done?

- Because you know, that's the law. You gotta have a fence around your pool.
- Maybe um, after dinner, maybe we go back to my house?
- I haven't had sex with anyone in 13 years.

I need a house husband subplot was great. We all need one and that was enough for laughs. Then they went a step further and turned it upside down at the end. I did not see that coming. That was the funniest part. :D

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I totally saw that coming with the house husband but it was still much better than some of the other lazy tie-ins like the ear plugs bit.

The funniest part of the episode was Leon's answer to how he felt about 'Little Women'.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The house husband thing was so strong, they should have ended with that instead of the assistant thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks