What's new

**** The official "Curb your Enthusiasm" discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
The fact that it ended on such a positive note goes against everything this show stands for. I know there was that hiccup in the middle when Larry forgot his lines, but it was really cheesy how he came out of it, in fact everything about the last 15 minutes of the episode was cheesy
It was not too different from last season when the chef at Larrys restaurant had a swearing outburst and Larry saved the day.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Matt, wasn't that episode the season finale? Now I'm starting to think...How did the first season end? Maybe they end each season on a positive note?

RafaelB

Second Unit
Mark,
Yes, that was the season finale of last season, so it appears to me (I saw the first 2 seasons out of order) that they do end on a personal high note for Larry. I was honestly glad to see he was able to work through it in THE PRODUCERS though and loved seeing Mel Brooks's scowl the whole time he was watching it. :)
Rafael.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Season 1 finale - The Group - Larry's uncle is run out by the crazed incest victim, no high note

Season 2 finale - The Massage - Larry is punished for trying to steal forks from a restaurant and is seen by all of the network executives. He tells them all off, sort of a high note, but not really.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
The only thing bad about the episode was that it dragged on too long with the show numbers, and the overacting by Brooks and Bancroft. And that it was the season finale. :frowning:
Otherwise I liked it, the explanation why Brooks wanted Larry to do the show actually made sense. :D
I can't get enough of tipping humour, so every time they do something about that I love it. The scene with the bell hop showing the room was great.
/Mike

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I can't get enough of tipping humour
I don't know about anyone else, but those situations make me laugh and give me anxiety attacks at the same time. :D All I kept thinking of (when the maintenance guy was complaining that Larry didn't tip him) was how pissed off I'd be if I were in that postition. I just kept yelling at Larry to go tell the manager and have that guy fired. :D

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator
A question for all the loyal "Curb Your Enthusiasm" viewers...

I live in Canada, where I unfortunately can't get HBO. Over the last two weeks I've watched all 40 episodes of CYE on tape (yes, I'm hooked!)

Was the season 4 finale the final episode of all time? It was the only one that was an hour long (except for the pilot) and it just seemed to cap the series beautifully.

I really want more episodes, don't get me wrong, but it just seems impossible. If there was a 5th season, would it take place in New York? It would have to, if Larry's acting on Broadway. It just seems like that's it for the show, which is a shame for me since I got into it so late.

As someone raised on British comedy, 40 episodes is a wealth of television, but I'm greedy!

Any word on whether season 5 will be made?

Bob

KevA

Stunt Coordinator
Season 5 will happen. It will probably be the last season, however. This information comes from the following NewsWeek interview:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3867395/
Read it for yourself.
I watched CYE on TMN this year in Canada. (Like you Bob, I discovered it late; that is, at the end of Season 3 and I was totally hooked after that.) I watched Season 4 as it aired (more or less) as TMN has a deal with HBO and they broadcast most of their shows (including the Sopranos) in line with HBO broadcasts.
There's no reason why Season 5 has to take place in New York and I'm sure it won't, as Larry doesn't live there.

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator
KevA - thanks for linking to that article! You just made my day! I'll definitely hook up digital cable or whatever I need in order to see Season 5 as it's broadcast.

I was under the impression that they were going to act on Broadway, in the producers. Usually the minimum contract on a show like that is 1 year (which is what Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane did) so it would seem strange to just skip the whole year that he and Schwimmer are supposed to be acting in the producers.

Then again, Mel Brooks could fire him, or any number of crazy things could happen. I'm sure the imagination of Larry David won't disappoint!

Bob

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
one thing about curb is although they generally do follow a story arc, it wouldn't really matter if they followed the whole producers thing. when he starts the new season, he could simply "kick off" where he wants.
it *is* larry david ... after all .... :emoji_thumbsup:
bob, did you read the excellent new yorker article? someone posted it a few pages back -- definitely worth a read if you're a fan.

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator
Ted,

I did read the article... It was an excellent peek into the mind of Larry David!

Season 2 is out on DVD on June 15, so I'll be waiting for that until Season 5 begins!

I saw that a set of the full episode outlines sold on eBay recently for around $160 US. I'd be interested in reading them (especially after reading the exerpt in the New Yorker article) but that's a bit steep for me!

Bob

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
anyone catch the pilot mockumentary last night? classic larry david.
"you know who wears sunglasses indoors? blind people and assholes - that's who!" :laugh:

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I love his stand-up in the pilot. "Vere is ze rabbit?!", "Did I happen to mention...that he found the cure for polio?! My Jonas? He's mine, I love him!"

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Anyone hear any new info about Season 5, I remember reading that filming was scheduled to begin in January but nothing as far as a premiere date, I'm guessing maybe June?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks