What's new

The Nintendo "MEGATON" Announcement (1 Viewer)

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I'm sorry, it's not often I say this, but I find this story VERY unlikely. How reputable is this source???

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Well not to sound condescending but NO DUH that's fake! :)
home.attbi.com/~maralar02...... Personal ISP webspace was never a storage solution for official press releases.

Jon W H

Stunt Coordinator
I'm hearing that the "announcement" will be made this weekend at a game show.

I wouldn't hold my breath...

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping the announcement would be that they have come out with a handheld game that will play Game Cube discs.

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
Well, technically, this whole Megaton thing Fanboy crap to begin with. Nintendo themselves never said anything. It was a small item in one magazine that Fanboys spun into a dozen wild rumors. And being fanboys, of course they had to assume anything they read 2nd or 3rd hand HAD TO BE TRUE. They set themselves up for a disappointment.

And the last credible rumor I heard was that Megaton would be Nintendo packing a Wavebird with all Gamecubes from now on. Ho hum.

Jon W H

Stunt Coordinator
Gents, I did say not to hold your breath... same thing with the original statement of this thread.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
There is a gaming convention or something this weekend, so it would make sense for Nintendo to announce something then.

Though its a bit late in the shopping season to announce something big.

Dave Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Surprised nobody's posted this yet...
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...news_index.php
Monday 6th January 2003
MAJOR NINTENDO ANNOUNCEMENT LOOMS
No, seriously. Worldwide press conferences tomorrow point to major unveiling by the Japanese gaming giant. Maybe there is a Megaton after all...
14:50 Nintendo is set to hold a series of press conferences worldwide tomorrow, sparking major speculation that the Kyoto-based company is set to make a major announcement. Following months of comedy regarding the so-called "Megaton" announcement, it looks likely that Nintendo finally has something of import to show the world.
With these joint briefings in place, intense speculation is pointing towards the long-awaited unveiling of new, backlit GBA hardware. Oh yes. Such an announcement has been expected for some time, and insiders have stated that testing of the hardware has been proceeding for many months.
Furthermore, in a discussion earlier today about the conference, a spokesperson for Nintendo told us: "You really don't want to miss this. All I can say is you won't be disappointed."
Cripes. Whatever it is, it seems something big, almost - dare we say - Megaton-like is brewing. The press conference takes place from 10:00am GMT tomorrow, so check back here for the full scoop as soon as it happens.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They already announced Pokemon for GameCube. It requires a GBA and Pokemon for GBA to be played at all.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I am psyched as hell for this.

Planetgamecube.com has great coverage on news. Definitely punching my teacher in the head and knocking her out and using a computer when the time comes.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
And this *isn't* the much rumoured "Megaton". Don't believe anyone who says it is :) The "megaton" was the announcement of a game based on the anime that's heavily featured in the magazine that mentioned "megaton" in the first place...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks