What's new

The Nintendo "MEGATON" Announcement (1 Viewer)

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
Some Capcom employee, I think it was Mikami, did an interview a few weeks talking about possibly bringing Steel Battalion to the GC. The Gamecube hardly seems like the target console for a $200 game/controller combo though.

If Capcom is going Nintendo's way, can they please give us a real fighting game Pad. EO configurations on the Gamecube controller just won't cut it. That's assuming, of course, that Capcom isn't shifting their fighters to 3D anyways.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I'm also curious how that bodes for Capcom vs SNK 2 on Xbox Live if this is true. I was looking forward to the first online fighting game next year...hope it doesn't get killed...

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
That's what I was thinking. :) Maybe it'll have some nice Road Warrior style gore, beheadings, mutilation and the like. You know, when Mario runs Princess Toadstool of the road he gets off his kart weilding a ball and chain and then dashes her brains against the Koopa Beach sand. It could happen?!? ;)

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
Megaton rumour du jour:
News: Megaton Again
Dec 16th 2002 19:14 by modox
Yes, it's Megaton rumour time again, though this seems far more plausable than the last few.
Cube Nation have reported, apparently from a reputable source, that the Megaton announcement will go something like this...
Nintendo are not buying Capcom
Nintendo are not buying Sega
Somewhere in the region of 3-5 new Capcom GameCube games will be revealed, in addition to the last 5
Nintendo will announce a new Pokemon GameCube game, scheduled for a March 2003 release date in Japan. It's "revolutionary concept" will, supposedly, boost the sales of the GameCube to astronomical levels
Nintendo will announce the "GBA's future", which is speculated to be the previously reported GBA2/GBA upgrade rumour
All this reporter would like to say is ... I told you they weren't buying anyone.
Source is cube europe

Matt Broeska

Stunt Coordinator
if nintendo makes the gba2, i'm almost positive it's gonna have an organic led screen. cnn has a story about OLEDs right here and only a few months ago, did a story on OLEDs on headline news and they had some footage of 2 gbas running side by side... one had the current screen, the second had a screen that was OLED and it was amazing. as bright as a crt!

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I'm all over a GBA2 upgrade. I could care less about them buying companies or pokemon games...give me a better gameboy!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
There was a story at Gamers.com about the GBA2 rumors. It was designed a little differently and had a better (back-lit) screen.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
When is this thing supposed to be officialy announced ?
Not sure. I initially heard "December", but recent rumors have said either today (Tuesday) or tomorrow (Wednesday).

The emphasis has been on Tuesday. What time is it in Japan?

Dan B

Screenwriter
LMAO. Where'd those come from, Romier? Must've been the Gaming Age Forums, I bet...I haven't (lurked) there in a couple of days. ;)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
This is floating around several videogames forums, but is also being quickly dismissed. I'd have to agree this is false, but feel free to make of it what you want. :)
(Tokyo)- In an announcement early this morning, Nintendo and Sony executives announced that they had come to a legal agreement over the rights to the name 'Playstation'. The name, which was originaly given to a joint-venture CD rom based add-on for the Super Nintendo, was technically, a joint-owned copyright. Sony has agreed to pay Nintendo 10% of all past and future proceeds made off of the name. This ammounts to a whopping 2.3 billion USD in back-payments. Nintendo will allow Sony to pay the money back in installments instead of a lump sum over the next 20 years. However, Nintendo has plans for their new found source of income. They will immidietly finance a new game studio called 'The Artists Group' which will feature members of Sega, Nintendo, Namco, Capcom, Konami, Tecmo, Square-Enix and more to collaborate on projects for Nintendo systems, and exchange copyrighted properties. The first projects announced out of this new studio are a new RPG using various gaming icons as the central charachters, a new Smash Brothers game, featuring mascots from accross the companies, including Pacman, Megaman, Sonic, Mario and more, as well as a new Sega-AM2 developed racing game that will also feature multiple icons from the various companies. The final collaboration is the recently announced Viewtifull Joe from Capcom stuidios. Nintendo has also promised that completely original more collaborations between studios will take place in the future, but for now, they will be focusing on quality content showcasing the newfound bond between the various development houses. Contrary to internet rumors however, Nintendo has not as of yet purchased any software developers, and as such, all members of the Artists Group will be allowed to explore development on other systems of their own accord. More as it develops.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks