What's new

International The New Indicator SINBAD Trilogy Box set...OUTSTANDING!! (1 Viewer)

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
After unsuccessfully bidding on some used copies of TT's two Sinbad films I ended up buying the Indicator release. I ended up with set 5413 of 6000 so I assume that the run is just about exhausted. Buy yours while you still can! It's definitely worth it! The new 4k scan of 7th Voyage is worth the money by itself!

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Can't go wrong with that edition! That edition of 7VOS is the epidome of my huge horror/sci-fi collection...along with FORBIDDEN PLANET and still waiting to be released before I die...THIS ISLAND EARTH!!!

Especially since I watched 7VOS during its first run!!!

Last edited:

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Can't go wrong with that edition! That edition of 7VOS is the epidome of my huge horror/sci-fi collection...along with FORBIDDEN PLANET and still waiting to be released before I die...THIS ISLAND EARTH!!!

Especially since I watched 7VOS during its first run!!!

I really hope we see This Island Earth done to the same high quality standard as 7VOS!

I wish I had been around to see those films on their first runs... That would have been amazing!

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
When I saw this thread bumped I was hoping to find out that it was being re-issued in the USA.

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
I really hope we see This Island Earth done to the same high quality standard as 7VOS!

I wish I had been around to see those films on their first runs... That would have been amazing!

I existed for the first run of Jason & the Argonauts. It was a game-changer...At least until 2001 premiered! I too hope that 7VoS gets a U.S. BD release.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
7th VOYAGE and JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS would make a delightful "Memories Of Saturday Matinees" program, as Sony in the U.S. offer a dynamite transfer of the latter. How I love Blu-ray, when it's done right!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Zavvi currently has this set on sale for about 35 pounds plus 3 pounds shipping per order to the USA. If you order other stuff shipping doesn't change. Currently about 50 pounds at Amazon. Cheapest it has ever been at Amazon is 41 pounds per camelcamelcamel. Zavvi does not remove VAT when shipping to USA like Amazon does. These blu rays are region free.
https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-s...dition-dual-format-includes-dvd/11446228.html

This maybe a one day, Friday 6/1 sale as it listed under a Payday Sale.

Last edited:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I existed for the first run of Jason & the Argonauts. It was a game-changer...At least until 2001 premiered! I too hope that 7VoS gets a U.S. BD release.

Yup, a game changer for me too! I was 12 in 1963 & my god, what a movie! My jaw dropped to the ground when Talos came to life with a turn of his head, & Herrmann's music score, it was the first time that orchestral music really got to me, & that was a life changer. All of the Harryhausen films that followed were a disappointment to me, but I have great looking Blu-rays of, Mysterious Island & Jason & The Argonauts, that'll do.

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
Yup, a game changer for me too! I was 12 in 1963 & my god, what a movie! My jaw dropped to the ground when Talos came to life with a turn of his head, & Herrmann's music score, it was the first time that orchestral music really got to me, & that was a life changer. All of the Harryhausen films that followed were a disappointment to me, but I have great looking Blu-rays of, Mysterious Island & Jason & The Argonauts, that'll do.

I know that first movie I ever saw in a theater was Jack the Giant Killer and my child mind was amazed. But then when Jason opened...whole new ball game. Such films were extreme rarities back then.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Got this from another site.
http://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/product/harryhausen-birthday-special

LIMITED AVAILABILITY – OFFER RUNS UNTIL MIDNIGHT (UK TIME) ON SUNDAY, OR UNTIL OUR STOCK IS EXHAUSTED

Shipping is £8.95 to US or Canada.

To celebrate Ray Harryhausen's 98th birthday on 29 June we are offering a Harryhausen Birthday Special promotion containing all three of our Harryhausen box sets for £98 (our normal price is £128.97). Once the copies of THE SINBAD TRILOGY are sold out, this offer ceases, and THE SINBAD TRILOGY box set will become out-of-print (OOP).

All UK shipments will be tracked via Royal Mail for peace of mind.

You will receive the following 3x Limited Dual Format Edition box sets:

THE SINBAD TRILOGY
THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Nathan Juran, 1958)
THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Gordon Hessler, 1973)
SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (Sam Wanamaker, 1977)

THE WONDERFUL WORLDS OF RAY HARRYHAUSEN, VOLUME ONE: 1955-1960
IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA (Robert Gordon, 1955)
20 MILLION MILES TO EARTH (Nathan Juran, 1957)
THE 3 WORLDS OF GULLIVER (Jack Sher, 1960)

THE WONDER$41.38FUL WORLDS OF RAY HARRYHAUSEN, VOLUME TWO: 1961-1964
MYSTERIOUS ISLAND (Cy Endfield, 1961)
JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS (Don Chaffey, 1963)
FIRST MEN IN THE MOON (Nathan Juran, 1964)

These all-time classic adventures, each featuring pioneering special effects by filmmaking legend Ray Harryhausen, are presented here in stunning restorations on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras, these stunning Limited Dual Format Editions are strictly limited to 6,000 units.

Also currently Deep Discount dot com is selling the individual sets for $48.68 each. There is also a 15% discount code SPF15 which brings the cost of each set to $41.38. Code expires 6/29 at noon Central time. The Sinbad set is currently showing as Out Of Stock but they are taking orders. Since it is limited edition don't know if they will get back in stock. The other two sets are in stock. Deep Discount prices are in dollars not pounds.

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Does anyone know if The Sinbad Trilogy set includes the corrected Eye of the Tiger disc? I'm very tempted to go for that trilogy of sets!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Since this thread appears to be the closest thing to a Powerhouse Indicator Harryhausen thread
Similar to a Harryhausen Birthday Sale they had a couple years ago

Harryhausen 100th Birthday sale at Indicator through June 29th

The Sinbad and Harryhausen #2 Boxsets are sold out, but the individual releases are part of a select group of 3 for £30 sale (reg 12.99 each) with code THIRTY at checkout

Harryhausen Box #1 is priced £29.50

PLUS a collection of five limited edition postcards – utilising original artwork – will be automatically included with every direct order from this website (while stock lasts)

3 for £30 Sale Titles

I was thinking of a 6 item order with Eyes of Laura Mars as my 6th plus possibly the Harryhausen Volume 1.

The 7 item order would be around $130USD after £15 shipping/tracking which is pretty good for UK to US shipping
just the 6 item order would be approx $89USD

Just the 3 Sinbad -- either $44 untracked slower shipping or $50 for upgraded tracked

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Thanks for posting this...this will be my third time (I think) buying 7th Voyage. I saw it about 10 times when it first came out (I was 9 then). Hopefully this will be the definitive version. The other 2 Sinbad movies will be blind buys for me. Can't believe I've never seen them before.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Thanks for posting this...this will be my third time (I think) buying 7th Voyage. I saw it about 10 times when it first came out (I was 9 then). Hopefully this will be the definitive version. The other 2 Sinbad movies will be blind buys for me. Can't believe I've never seen them before.

The Indicator release of 7th VOYAGE is light years ahead of the domestic Blu-ray. A significant upgrade.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The Indicator release of 7th VOYAGE is light years ahead of the domestic Blu-ray. A significant upgrade.
Have you seen this one? This is what I have.
1593016360917.png

If so, how does the Indicator release compare?

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Have you seen this one? This is what I have. If so, how does the Indicator release compare?

Given that your set came out in 2015, I have to assume it contains the same transfers found on the earlier domestic Blu-rays. JASON is in a different Harryhausen boxed set from Indicator, but sadly it's the same exact disc as the earlier release. The indicator editions of the Sinbad films are sourced from 2017 restorations supervised by Grover Crisp (7th VOYAGE is a 4K restoration, the other two are 2K).

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Have you seen this one? This is what I have.
If so, how does the Indicator release compare?

The Indicator of The 7th Voyage of Sinbad is far better.
Long ago, I purchased the set (for my son) that you picture, and the 7th Voyage pales in comparison to the Powerhouse Indicator Blu-ray (which is a must for anyone who loves the film).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks