What's new

International The New Indicator SINBAD Trilogy Box set...OUTSTANDING!! (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Thanks guys! The 3 Indicator Sinbad films are currently at a very good price on Amazon from OxforshireEngland (MP vendor I've used in the past) and Indicator is currently having a 3/£30 plus shipping sale (when I checked this morning it would be in the $45 shipped neighborhood after forex for all 3). I'm looking very hard at them as they are some all time favorites.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Thanks guys! The 3 Indicator Sinbad films are currently at a very good price on Amazon from OxforshireEngland (MP vendor I've used in the past) and Indicator is currently having a 3/£30 plus shipping sale (when I checked this morning it would be in the $45 shipped neighborhood after forex for all 3). I'm looking very hard at them as they are some all time favorites.

You will not be disappointed. Do it!

Fritzl Dog

Auditioning
Real Name
Chuck
Just took delivery of the Powerhouse edition of 7th Voyage of Sinbad. Ordering was a snap, through Bill Hunt's "The Digital Bits", and their affiliation with retailer ZAVVI from England. Cost was just over $30 and it took 7-8 days. The picture(viewed on an OLED) and sound can be summed-up thusly: Spectacular! Colors pop, no visible debris in the frame, rich black levels with improved(over Columbia/Sony's BD) shadow detail. Bernard Herrmann's score is dynamic sounding. And, plenty of value-added extras to dig in to. Any Ray Harryhausen fan will treasure this!

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Can anyone can comment on Mysterious Island and Jason and the Argonauts quality compared to the Twilight Time /Sony releases?

The Sony USA Blu-ray release of “Jason and the Argonauts” is the same release as found in the Powerhouse/Indicator Harryhausen collection and the same as found in the Australian Blu-ray set. It may be the same all over the world as this restoration happened several years ago and the film looks fantastic. Better than I ever saw it (and, for me, that includes the original theatrical release, other 35mm screenings, 16mm, Laserdisc, and DVD).

"Mysterious Island" looks about the same on the Twilight Time and Powerhouse/Indicator release. The Powerhouse/Indicator gives it a higher bit rate and may be marginally better. Where the Powerhouse/Indicator excels is in the extras on the disc.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Although I bought the trilogy thru Arrow, the sister divsion of PowerHouse, I saw that they put the 3 classic movies in a nice BRD box set - and a nice price...for those looking or interested - here's the write up -
*ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE*
5TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION REPRESS OF 3,000

THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Nathan Juran, 1958)
THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Gordon Hessler, 1973)
SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (Sam Wanamaker, 1977)
Release date: 22 October 2021

Limited Edition Blu-ray Only Box Set

These all-time classic adventures, each featuring pioneering special effects by filmmaking legend Ray Harryhausen, are presented here in stunning restorations on Blu-ray. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras – including exclusive interviews with actors Caroline Munro, Jane Seymour and Tom Baker, and rare recordings of Harryhausen and producer Charles H Schneer in conversation – this 5th Anniversary Limited Edition repress is Blu-ray only and limited to 3,000 units.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES
• 4K restoration of The 7th Voyage of Sinbadfrom the original camera negative
• 2K restorations of The Golden Voyage of Sinbad and Sinbad and the Eye of the Tigerfrom the original camera negatives
• Mono and 5.1 surround sound audio options
• The 7th Voyage of Sinbad audio commentary with Ray Harryhausen
• Audio interviews with Ray Harryhausen and producer Charles H Schneer
• Interviews with actors Tom Baker, Caroline Munro and Jane Seymour
• Interview with SFX maestro Phil Tippett
• Original Super 8 cut-down versions
• Archival documentaries, interviews and featurettes
• Original trailers and promotional films
• Isolated scores by Bernard Herrmann, Miklós Rózsa and Roy Budd
• Promotional and on-set photography, poster art and archive materials
• Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with essays by film expert Michael Brooke, an in-depth oral history of all three films, the history of the Dynamation and Dynarama processes, and a look at the unmade fourth film in the series, Sinbad Goes to Mars
• Limited edition of 3,000 units

#PHILTD024
BBFC cert: U
REGION FREE
EAN: 5060697921915

Attachments

• 81aPnGfakxL._SL1300_.jpg
    81aPnGfakxL._SL1300_.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 91-xKW0XO6L._SL1500_.jpg
    91-xKW0XO6L._SL1500_.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 54

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Although I bought the trilogy thru Arrow, the sister divsion of PowerHouse,

No argument on the films, but is this statement correct. I wasn't aware that Arrow and PH were related at all other than both being British Media specialty companies ? I know Arrow was recently acquired by THE HUT GROUP which also owns Zavvi and a numerous and sundry collection of retail and businesses.

PH is listed under Lime Wood Media Ltd company (certainly where my orders are listed) which I also can't find a connection with ArrowFilms other than a think some of the people have been with both companies.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Although I bought the trilogy thru Arrow, the sister divsion of PowerHouse, I saw that they put the 3 classic movies in a nice BRD box set - and a nice price...for those looking or interested - here's the write up -

These all-time classic adventures, each featuring pioneering special effects by filmmaking legend Ray Harryhausen, are presented here in stunning restorations on Blu-ray. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras – including exclusive interviews with actors Caroline Munro, Jane Seymour and Tom Baker, and rare recordings of Harryhausen and producer Charles H Schneer in conversation – this 5th Anniversary Limited Edition repress is Blu-ray only and limited to 3,000 units.

• 2K restorations of The Golden Voyage of Sinbad and Sinbad and the Eye of the Tigerfrom the original camera negatives
• Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with essays by film expert Michael Brooke, an in-depth oral history of all three films, the history of the Dynamation and Dynarama processes, and a look at the unmade fourth film in the series, Sinbad Goes to Mars

#PHILTD024
REGION FREE
Thanks for the heads up. Missed this set the first go round.

Ive only seen 7th voyage on the million dollar movie as a kid in the 70s and I think once on TCM, but I really enjoyed it.

The other two are big childhood favorites. Growing up in Houston in the 70s, I cant remember if it was the long point or the hammerly cinema, but one of them seemed to always have double features of British fantasy films. So when Eye of the Tiger opened they paired it with Golden Voyage. While I think Golden Voyage is the better of the two, Eye is still great fun.

$65 u.s. dollars including shipping.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Ive only seen 7th voyage on the million dollar movie as a kid in the 70s and I think once on TCM, but I really enjoyed it.

The other two are big childhood favorites. Growing up in Houston in the 70s, I cant remember if it was the long point or the hammerly cinema, but one of them seemed to always have double features of British fantasy films. So when Eye of the Tiger opened they paired it with Golden Voyage. While I think Golden Voyage is the better of the two, Eye is still great fun.

Don't miss this one!! These are great for any weekend fun!!! Bring your own Popcorn!! :)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

With EOTT you got to see Tom Baker (4th Dr. Who) doing his best villan. Folowing in the line of Basill Rathbone/Sherlock, George Reeves/Superman. All of them changed from doing villian roles to those of the hero!! Still with Mr H, doing his thing, it keeps you watching.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
No argument on the films, but is this statement correct. I wasn't aware that Arrow and PH were related at all other than both being British Media specialty companies ? I know Arrow was recently acquired by THE HUT GROUP which also owns Zavvi and a numerous and sundry collection of retail and businesses.

PH is listed under Lime Wood Media Ltd company (certainly where my orders are listed) which I also can't find a connection with ArrowFilms other than a think some of the people have been with both companies.
Thier Packaging is just too similar not the be a company packing thing. I may be wrong?

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
With EOTT you got to see Tom Baker (4th Dr. Who) doing his best villan. Folowing in the line of Basill Rathbone/Sherlock, George Reeves/Superman. All of them changed from doing villian roles to those of the hero!! Still with Mr H, doing his thing, it keeps you watching.
You mean Tom Baker in The Golden Voyage of Sinbad.
Sinbad battles an evil female wizard in EOTT (Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger) played by Margaret Whiting.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
As the OP for this thread, I once again urge people who don't have it to grab this box set. It contains an 80-page, fully illustrated book, which by itself is quite a collector's bonus feature. And, of course, it contains that incredible 4k remaster of 7th VOYAGE, which is not (yet) commercially available in the U.S. The soundtrack is 5.1 stereo and sounds great! Bonus features abound. Go for it, people...the price is right, but it, too, will sell out.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

#PHILTD024
REGION FREE
Whats the website?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
The label's website:

Thier Packaging is just too similar not the be a company packing thing. I may be wrong?

They are not related companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks