What's new

The most terrifying movie creature/monster (1 Viewer)

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Predator (Predator)

Tyrannosaurus Rex (Jurassic Park)

VelociRaptor (Jurassic Park)

Dilophosaurus (Jurassic Park)

Spinosaurus (Jurassic Park III)

Xenomorph (Aliens)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I'd say FACEHUGGER for most terrifying, and PREDATOR for Most Badass!, or for coolest mask!:D

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I saw Humanoids From The Deep when I was like 8 years old -

It scared me more than any other movie Id seen. So those creatures get my vote.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Scott Weinberg
When I was a kid, I was horrified by The Blob! (Again, the original blob.)
I saw this on a double feature with I Married a Monster from Outer Space
Yeah, both of these are pretty hokey by todays standards, but the Monster wierded me out way more than The Blob which was actually a relief to watch after the first feature. Well, I should say it was a relief till I got home and had to go into a darkened room and worry what was behind the door in a corner.
Mr. Jaws, and The Alien, and Aliens have been the only ones as an adult that made a little nervous so that my feet would sweat.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Okay, to post something more serious than my initial post... here it goes:
1. The Cenobites from Hellraiser (I use my imagination too much and everytime I walked into the basement alone with no lights on I always imagine the Cenobites surrounding me and readying themselves to torture me).
2. That creepy troll-looking thing from Cat's Eye (strange enough, but my wife actually had the same scare/fear of that thing).
3. Freddy Kruger in the water bed sequence in A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (mostly because I saw that movie exactly one week after I got a water bed. I couldn't sleep in it for a long time and boy were my parents pissed).

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I was initially going to say Predator because he was really tough and smart. I figured this even as thoughts of Aliens crossed my mind. Them are bad-ass nasty creatures. Predator you had a chance to outwit using some thought, the Aliens was all reaction and you hoping for the best.

And then they cut the power...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The giant ants from Them!
Link Removed
I was about 9 when I first saw this one, and I went to a school which had a main building and then a 2nd building added later, then later both were connected by means of a "brick tunnel". Whenever I had to go to classes in the "annex" (the 2nd building), I had to walk through the brick tunnel to get there. It was poorly lit, and I always imagined the giant ants bursting through the walls to come get me!!! :eek:
I wish this one would come to DVD for the nostalgia... :D

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
The Predators are more intelligent and lethal than the Aliens. They also share some traits with us, making them even more terrifying
Strange, this makes them less scary for me, along with all the other humanoids previously mentioned.

I firmly believe that a single Alien egg is enough to wipe out our entire planet.

--

Holadem

DanaA

Screenwriter
I've been thinking about this and first thought of the original alien, but when Jack Briggs brought up the original "The Haunting", I remember how terrified I was as a kid of that movie, especially with the pounding on the door. When the remake came out, I wouldn't let my daughter go see it. Instead, I ordered the original Julie Harris adaptation of the Shirley Jackson story. Of course, when I was a kid, I also remember a Twilight Zone episode where a bunch of nurses were afraid to go outside because a serial killer was on the loose. Then, I know it sounds stupid now, but as a kid, those werewolf movies in black and white with all the fog...

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
I'd have to agree with Alex.

Most creatures can kill you in some pretty horrible ways. At least you'll be dead and it's over with in a few minutes, hours or maybe months, but like Alex said, The Cenobytes keep you alive for eternity and torture the crap out of you at unconcievable levels of pain.

One other thing about the Cenobytes. I think they make you experience the full range of both pain and pleasure. Can you imagine having an orgasm for 500 years followed by 500 years of rusty nails and hooks being pounded and stretched into those same private parts? Then it starts all over again. Thanxxx, but no thanxxx. I'll take the Aliens or Predators anytime.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Just watched Lord of the Rings last night....
Can you say "Nazgûl", "Watcher" (in the lake) and "Balrog"...
Scary! :eek: :emoji_thumbsup:

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
Can you say "Nazgûl", "Watcher" (in the lake) and "Balrog"...
I also just got back from seeing Lord of the Rings and I'm going to have to agree with Artur here...ESPECIALLY with regards to the Balrog. Holy f'ing shit! If you want impressive, look no further.

Luis C. Ortiz

Stunt Coordinator
For me the most scary has been the Werewolf, in any form they have presented it in the movies. It's just that it's pure evil, it just want to rip you apart! I'm 29 and still sometime caught myself thinking about it and it scares me! LOL.. (I guess I saw too many movies lol) other mentions:

Jaws

Primate / Thing in the lake from Creepshow 1 & 2

Pumpkinghead - the guy won't stop!

Exorcist

I have more, just couldn't remember them now..

Luis

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Strange, this makes them less scary for me, along with all the other humanoids previously mentioned.
What frightens me about the Predators is that they are just like us; only with a superior technology. Not a good combination! And they could probably wipe us out if they wanted to...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks